- Compatible XF 1.x versions
- 1.4, 1.5
- Updates duration
- 12 months, $5 updates
- Visible branding
- Yes, but removable with payment
This add-on will allow the admin(s) to feature posts for a certain amount of time/period and provide a reason as well why they featured that post.
- When you feature a post, you can choose how many characters will show in featured posts. By default it set to 500 hundreds characters. But you can increase/decrease that limit to your likings. BB Code and Smilies will be parsed. Attachments are not supported.
- After a post has been featured, a Featured Post badge will appear on its top right hand corner.
- Featured posts will then appear at the forum index with the post permissions carried intact. Meaning, user will not see posts that they are not supposed to. In addition, you can also prevent a group/s from viewing the featured posts at the forum index.
- The poster's whose posts will be featured will be notified through an alert. If they do not wish to get notified about that, they can disable the alert at their profiles > Alert Preferences > Featured Posts.
- It adds also to the Trophy System and Group Promotion for users who had at least X posts featured. Most featured posters will show up at the Notable Page as well.
- A cron that runs daily to remove the expired featured posts is also available.
- And last, but not least, an overall overview of all featured posts in your forum can be seen at ACP > Tools > Featured Posts. There you can keep track of all featured posts and clear them all in one fell swoop as well.
If you have any questions regarding this add-on feature please do not hesitate to ask in the discussion thread.
We hope the following screenshots will give an insight into how [TH] Feature Posts can benefit your community: