1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Social Groups 1.4.0

Add social groups to XenForo

1. Snog
    Compatible XF Versions:
    Updates Duration:
    Lifetime for Compatible XF Versions Listed Above
    Visible Branding:
    No
    socialgroups.png

This social group system for XenForo is unlike any other created to date.

This is a complete, fully configurable social group system that allows for group discussions, forums and a basic group photo album.

The ability to create each section of the group is fully usergroup permissions based. So if you don't want a user group to create a photo album, you just turn off that ability.

FEATURES :
    • Create Group Forum
    • Create Group Discussions*
    • Create Group Photo Album (with photo comments)
    • Optionally show group information in group forum.
    • Optionally show group information in group forum threads.
    • Add/Remove Group Moderators
    • Transfer Group Ownership
    • Change/Add Group Node Category Icons
    • Change/Add Group Forum Icons
    • And more!

*Group discussions are totally separate from XenForo's node system and they are not interchangable. Think of group discussions as giant conversations (private or otherwise).

For those that want to import their social groups from vBulletin 3.8 or 4.x, an importer is available on my site.

WARNING: This add-on requires that the standard user group permission system is being used. In other words, all users must be registered users (even admins) and any other user groups are additional user groups for users.

00settings.jpg 01main.jpg 02group.jpg 03discussions1.jpg 04discussions2.jpg 05photos1.jpg 06photos2.jpg 07members.jpg 08forum.jpg 09thread.jpg 10groupsetup.jpg 11permissions.jpg 12ownertools.jpg
    VanillaNeko, Opacity, Rudy and 3 others like this.

Recent Reviews

1. Louise Williams
    Louise Williams
    5/5,
    Version: 1.3.8
    I cannot express how helpful and supportive Snog is with any problems and issues - the plugin itself is great and we only had issues in the first place because our webmaster decided to go and code some things "his way". Never had better support. If there were more than five stars I would be awarding them.
  2. rafass
    rafass
    5/5,
    Version: 1.3.7
    Running absolutely perfect in Xenforo version 1.5.0, updates and support five stars, the best way to manage groups. Highly recommended. 999999999% ★★★★★
  3. Jake B.
    Jake B.
    5/5,
    Version: 1.3.3
    Add-on works great! One minor bug when installing originally, but fixed in minutes. Haven't had any other issues, very easy to setup too! Would definitely recommend this add-on :)
  4. insocial
    insocial
    5/5,
    Version: 1.3.0
    We migrated from vBulletin 3.8 with thousands of social groups. After carefully researching all of the group alternatives, we found that Snog's Social Groups was clearly the most developed solution. Snog worked with us to build an importer and has responded very quickly to any support requests. While this addon does not yet have all the features of the old vB social groups, the author continues to add features and improvements on a regular basis. If you have old vB social groups data, don't hesitate to purchase this addon and resurrect your old groups!
  5. DaveM
    DaveM
    5/5,
    Version: 1.3.0
    Once again an outstanding add on by Snog with the instant support to go with it. I have now have this running on both my forums and it really add a great deal of value to both my forums. Having the ability to create the two different type of groups as in a discussion or a forum group makes it a must have. The options that come with it make it great to be able to allow the members to tweak their group to work in a number of different ways.
  6. RichardKYA
    RichardKYA
    5/5,
    Version: 1.2.1
    This is a brilliant add-on. Easily customizable and with lots of different set up permissions.

Snog is unbelievably helpful - I made a couple of suggestions and the next day Snog released an update which included my suggestions being implemented! You can't get better than that!

Absolutely amazing :)
  7. Zynektic
    Zynektic
    5/5,
    Version: 1.1.9
    We have just switched to this from a previous social forum plugin and immediately I have found that it works better, easier to configure and looks better. The ability to add sub-forums is also a plus and limiting other options with the inclusion of images is a great feature and worth the price for the effort gone into this.
  8. rafass
    rafass
    5/5,
    Version: 1.1.9
    Installed in 1.4.6 and working absolutely perfect, great addon with a lot of options and the best: excellent service, great code, optimisation, Updates Duration: Lifetime, Without copyrights, etc.. The best Social Group System for XF. 10000% recommended. ★★★★★
  9. JamesBrown
    JamesBrown
    5/5,
    Version: 1.1.5
    Thanks for the likes Snog. The other usergroup enhancements will come in handy too. It's great to see resource providers deliver on their promises. Guys and gals, if you are looking for a social groups addon, you've found it. Five Stars!
  10. JamesBrown
    JamesBrown
    5/5,
    Version: 1.1.4
    I chose this Social Groups Mod over others as I like the way it looks and loved the way that people can chat away in a group conversation and get notification whenever a message is added. It's this killer feature that's help make Facebook groups become so popular. Social Groups help my main forum to stay on topic but keeps my members on my site when they want to discuss other interests.

In just a few days we have around 20 social groups and my members are really enjoying them. Snog has been quick to answer my stupid questions and I wholeheartedly recommend you add his Social Groups to your forum. It's great!