Version 2.1.0 released
- Fix quote information on mobile devices
Reason: they were related to the click event where was the quoteme box. But on mobile devices the quoteme box is at the bottom of the screen to make it easier for users to click. So the quote data are not not related to its position. Solution: use the lasttouch recorded event.
- Since the addon has been tested for several months on mobile devices (including some on Android), the version number is going to 2.1. But no big modification has been done; only the fix above.
Version 220.127.116.11 released
This is a maintenance release, no need to do it if you don't use TinyMCE Quattro
- Improve the TinyMCE Quattro plugin
- TinyMCE Quattro Orphan button compatible with the last version of the Bbm addon
- Reimport the Bb Code xml file (extra directory) and override it
Version 2.0.5 released
- Improvements with the TinyMCE Quattro plugin:
- Add an explanation message when you enable the Fast Quotes mode for the first time (after the page has been loading)
- Compatible with the new version of TinyMCE Quattro 2.1.0 (will be published in a few minutes, but you must first update the Quote Me addon and the Bbm Advanced Bb Codes addon if you use them)
Version 2.0.2 released
To make it simple, if you have the version 2.x.x of this addon, you're using Redactor and didn't disable the support on mobile devices, you must do this update (reason). To fix this problem here are the modifications done by this release:
- The touchstart event is not use anymore to manage the return after a click is done on the quoteME box: a workaround has been found to use the original click event
- The function binded on the touchstart event will only be enable once the Fast Quotes link is activated. It will be unbinded once the Fast Quotes link is switch off
- This function will also be unbinded when Redactor is focused and will be rebinded when Redactor is blured (providing the Fast Quotes are still activated)
I've tested this release on iOS7 (ipad) & a standard notebook with Redactor & TinyMCE.
Version 2.0.1 released
- Delete touchmove event dependencies (didn't work well on iOS).
A simpler system has been used with the touchstart event only
- One touch screen devices, only display the quoteMe box if the last touchstart event was done inside the "messageContent" html element
Thanks to Rambro
- Add option to disable the XenForo default Quote System (I don't
recommend to do it, but if you prefer this way, you can now do it)
Thanks to fly_indiz
- The TinyQuattro plugin has been slightly modified
Version 2.0.0 released
- JS code has been deeply rewritten. It is more flexible and should be compatible with other JS codes that bind functions on the messageContent element
- QuoteME supports now Touch Screen devices:
# Notebooks such as Sony Vaio
- With v1.x of this addon, any touch screen devices were rejected, so it was not possible to use it on systems that have both a touch screen & a mouse
- On these devices, the quoteME management hasn't changed (the text range selection is not possible anyway)
# Mobile devices such as Ipad, Ipod
- To use this addon with mobile devices, it requires a recent operative system & a recent browser that support the css fixed position (it seems there were problems before)
- I'm not going to support this function. The documentation is not easy to find. I've just tested this on iOS & on Win7 with Chrome and its touch events emulation. So if it works, good for you, otherwise sorry.
- On these devices, the quoteME popup has been changed into a horizontal button that will appear at the bottom of the visible screen (which explains why the fixed position must be supported)
Please note that on any touch screen devices, the "After click" mode will be automatically activated. This is done on purpose. If one of these devices doesn't support QuoteME, then your users will not have any problems. If you want to enable the same solution with mobile devices that don't have a touch screen, you will have to install the "Browser Detection" addon.
Important: on iOS, when some quotes are inserted inside the editor, the editor is focused and the OS keyboard is displayed. Don't try to continue to select some quotes while this keyboard is opened, it will not work and will automatically refocused the editor. You must first close the keyboard, then it will work. For this reason, the TransMode is recommended. It will allow you to insert all quotes at once.
- New option to disable the QuoteME addon on mobile devices (which can be different from touch screen devices)
- Fix the QuoteME TinyMCE Quattro Plugin: a click on the QuoteME top activation trigger will also update the MCE4 button state