1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post comments 1.1

Comment or discuss messages.

1. wang
    Compatible XF Versions:
    About this add-on
    This add-on is designed to add a comment system for your members to discuss messages. Comments can be moderated for groups and they can be limited to forums. Comments are disabled in closed topics and forums where posting is disabled. Staff members will not be affected by this.

• Alerts. Members will receive an alert when someone posts a comment on one of their messages.
    • Anonymous comments. Members can post comments anonymously. The other members will not be able to see who commented on their messages. However, users with the appropriate permissions will still be able to see the anonymous commenter.
    • Members are limited in their comments per day.
    • Members can edit and delete comments that they have given themselves or any comments. Editing and deleting have a time limit restriction based on minutes. Members, whose comments will be deleted, will be notified via an alert that their comment was deleted.
    • Comments can be reported.
    • Minimum comment length. Staff members will not be affected by this.
    • Maximum comment length. Staff members will not be affected by this.
    • Comment count on postbits. You can enable and disable this option via Show post comment count option in Message Elements.
    • Hot posts. You can decide how many comments a message must have received to be considered as hot. Hot messages will get a hot indicator so they can stand out from the other messages. And they can be seen via the Hot Posts link, which appears in thread view. Your members can sort messages based on comments that way.
    • Comment log. You can view all comments made on messages and you can also search for comments by members or made in posts. You have complete control of all comments by editing and deleting them.
    • Customise the background and font color of posts comments.

1. 13deletealert.PNG
    2. 1groupspermission.png
    3. 2applications.PNG
    4. 3commentslog.png
    5. 4settings.png
    6. 5commentsform.png
    7. 5elements.png
    8. 6moderationqueue.png
    9. 7displaycomments.png
    10. 8alerts.png
    11. 9anonymousalert.PNG
    12. 10alertpreferences.png
    13. 11editcomments.png
    14. 12delete.png
    15. 13deletealert.PNG
    16. 14reportlink.png
    17. 15reportform.png
    18. 16hotposts.png
    19. 17hotpost.png
    20. 18dailypostcommentserror.png
    Sadik B and 51463 like this.

Recent Reviews

1. oO5 Dynasty
    oO5 Dynasty
    Version: 1.1
    5 Star Rating because of the customer service. This was one of the quickest responses and fixes i have seen. So for the add-on it looks really cool. It actually gives threads a cleaner and tighter look. A Must have and only wish to see this add-on grow more. I think it has Excellent potential with adding more cool features to the hot post. I would also like to see the add-on work with ThemeHouse page comments. But overall this add-on is cool and, very clean and a must for your website.
    1. wang
      Author's Response

Many thanks for your rating and review sir. :)

Best regards,
  2. Davyc
    Version: 1.1
    Top notch add-on makes commenting on individual posts much easier and more coherent as it keeps the comments in the individual post rather than half way down the page or several pages over; saves having to use the quote. Support is excellent if I could award 6/5 I would, Wang is always polite, helpful and quick to respond with clarity. Could not ask for better. Thank you!
    1. wang
      Author's Response

Many thanks for your kind words sir. :)

Best regards,