1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Nobita] Messenger (Realtime Chatting) 2.0.5

Messenger for XenForo with realtime chatting.

1. Nobita.Kun
    Compatible XF Versions:
    Additional Requirements:
    NodeJs, NPM module, Shell access
    License:
    1Year/License, 1license/domain
    Updates Duration:
    12mo
    Visible Branding:
    No
    Important: This addon only work when your server installed NodeJs module.

Description: Take your conversation to live.

Key features:
    • Realtime chatting between users
    • Integration with Conversations
    • Display someone is typing on Chat window
    • Inherit all permissions from Conversation Permissions
    • Chatting on any pages. No matter page you in. The chat alway visible to you
    • New gallery to display images and media.
    • Display smilies on Chatting
    Permissions:
    • This addon has added an permission key to Conversation Permissions (Enable messenger). The messenger only available with users has that permission.
    Special config?
    • If your site use SSL. Please take a few minutes to config the file config.json in the folder server
    Note: Some keys need to be update on the file config.json
    • secure: If your site use SSL. The value should be true
    • ssl_key_path: The path to SSL Key. Eg: /some/where/to/domain.com.key
    • ssl_crt_path: The path to SSL CRT. Eg: /some/where/to/domain.com.crt
    How to install?

Please do steps which listed the following to work this addon.

To check your server was installed NodeJs or not. Just simple run this command:
    Code:
    node -v
    If the result returned of the version NodeJs. Your server ready to use addon.

Otherwise. You must install it before install addon. To install NodeJs, just running this command:
    Code:
    yum install nodejs
    After installed successfully. You need install the Forever script to help the our script running forever. Running the following command to install:
    Code:
    npm install forever -g
    Ok. Almost was done.
    Now upload all files to your root directory. And install addon.

On the SSH window. Running this command:
    Code:
    cd /path/to/forum/directory
    Code:
    cd server
    Then running the following command:
    Code:
    npm update
    Code:
    forever start server.js
    You are done.

Note: Each update addon you need restart the server. To do it, run commands:
    Code:
    forever stop server.js
    Code:
    forever start server.js
    To see the list of script running:
    Code:
    forever list

Images

1. Screen Shot 2015-09-05 at 10.21.05 AM.png
    2. Screen Shot 2015-12-02 at 10.26.06 PM.png
    3. Screen Shot 2015-12-02 at 10.25.57 PM.png
    4. Screen Shot 2015-12-02 at 10.25.47 PM.png
    5. Screen Shot 2015-12-02 at 10.25.37 PM.png
    Umar Asari, BobbyWibowo and THLove like this.

Recent Reviews

1. KC Riley
    KC Riley
    5/5,
    Version: 1.1.3
    Nobita was great and he help me with the final steps of installing the messenger on my site. I'm grateful there a messenger alternative to the buggy third party chat apps. The only thing missing is support for mobile browsers. Hopefully that will arrive in a future update.
  2. Nudaii
    Nudaii
    5/5,
    Version: 1.1.1
    Amazing addon, and developer, i had some problems with my server and nobita fixed them up for me for free!
  3. WFOsuperman
    WFOsuperman
    5/5,
    Version: 1.1.0
    Gosh how have i never seen this addon before! It so perfect and functions great. It was a little bit of a struggle getting it setup but i contacted nobita and he helped me fix it in 5 mins. Great addon, great developer. I will always trust and buy your addons nobita!
  4. Fayettemat
    Fayettemat
    5/5,
    Version: 1.0.7
    Nobita is very helpful and helped me get his very useful addon working! 5 stars for support and awesome addon to boot! (my users love it!)
  5. zoldos
    zoldos
    5/5,
    Version: 1.0.5 d
    A bit complex to install and not recommended for novices. I use a VPS server and was able to get it going after a bit of tweaking. But overall, a solid plugin that I and my users already love! Thanks!
  6. oloman
    oloman
    5/5,
    Version: 1.0.3 b
    Nobita did a great job with this add-on. Easy to use for members, and fast. Nobita fixed the bugs quickly and improves day after day the add on. I recommend this one
  7. The Forum Heroes
    The Forum Heroes
    5/5,
    Version: 1.0.2
    Purchased and loving it! Yet another great add-on by Nobita. Bug fixes done quickly too. Found an issue after buying that SSL did not work with it. Nobita started working on a fix right a way, giving me test versions to try along the way. It was fixed the same day reported. Another add-on and developer I highly recommend!