This XenForo add-on enables your users to specify two or more forums and be able to view all the threads from those chosen forums on a single page.
- Compatible XF Versions:
- Purchasing a license entitles you to the use of this add-on on a single XenForo installation.
- Visible Branding:
Users will be able to opt-in to certain forums and view the threads from those forums on a dedicated thread listing. Adding a forum to, and removing a forum from, the Multiview thread listing is consistent with the process of Watching a Forum.
Users can also add and remove forums from their Multiview listing from within their Settings:
The first image (above) is how the Multiview page would look to a user with standard read-view permissions. On this page, a summary of the included forums is given, and, depending on the quantity of forums included, will offer to display an overlay (much like how 'likes' for posts are handled on XenForo).
You will notice there is a clear indication of which forums are included, as well as what forum a particular thread is from. This is consistent with how threads would display on the New Posts, or Recent Posts page.
The add-on includes a sub-navigation link which is added upon installation. There is a setting to not to include this template modification. The name of this feature can be changed within Phrases. By default, the link is routed to, 'multiview', however this can be routed to a different page.
Option to choose navigation position:
Permission setting to enable / disable feature for certain user-groups:
This add-on is useful to users who are much more active on only a handful of forums, but less so on others. Having this feature would stop them having to navigate between forums, which, depending on your set-up, might require them to revisit the Index page in order for them to continue to browse another forum. By having all of the threads they are interested in accessible from one place, their browsing experience is made more simple.
- Thread redirects are not shown in Multiview.
- Only threads for users with relevant view permissions will show. Standard behaviour can be expected, such that you would find on the New Posts and Recent Posts page.
- The number of queries used on the Multiview page matches that of a regular forum view (6 queries).
- There are no extra queries on the forum view page in order to display the "Add to Multiview" link. This information is fetched by modifying an existing query, as appropriate.
- Within the Options, you are able to set the maximum number of discussions to be returned in the Multiview discussion listing.
Templates & Phrases:
There are 24 new phrases (these are prefixed with 'mu_').
There are 14 new templates (these are prefixed with 'mu_').
There are 14 template modifications.
Upon installation, this add-on creates one new table ('xf_multiview').
When uninstalling this add-on, this table is removed.
No columns are added to any existing tables.
Please contact me to discuss options for purchasing this add-on.
One license is required per single XenForo installation. Once purchased, support will be given within the scope of the add-on itself, and the initial purchase includes future releases of the add-on.
Suggestions for extending the functionality of this add-on are most welcome, so please let me know your thoughts and ideas.
Allow users to view threads from more than one forum on a single thread listing.