• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
Minecraft Paid Username Validation

Minecraft Paid Username Validation 2.2.0

No permission to buy ($4.99)
Compatible XF 1.x versions
1.4, 1.5
Additional requirements
PHP 5.3+
cURL PHP extension
License
Jeremy's License Agreement
Visible branding
No
Please review these free alternatives! They may be closer to what you're looking for!

This add-on will ensure your users have paid Minecraft usernames when registering.

Does not verify that the user owns the particular username they specify.

Features
  • You may choose to accept or reject the registration in the event Minecraft.net cannot be reached
  • You may update the URL to be used for validation if it changes in the future
  • Enable or disable the add-on to turn checking on/off
  • Fully phrased error messages (can be changed and translated easily)
  • Works with the built in File Health Check to ensure the integrity of the add-on
Caveats
  • This only checks on new user registration. It will not validate the username when a username is changed or when an Administrator creates a new user from the Control Panel
  • Only validates the forum username, not against custom fields

Screenshot 2012-08-23 at 5.54.59 PM.jpg
Author
Jeremy P
First release
Last update
Rating
4.92 star(s) 12 ratings

More resources from Jeremy P

Latest updates

1. 2.2.0: Validation uses newer API

This is a required update for all users! Mojang have recently retired their legacy Minecraft...
  2. cURL Support

Hey everyone, This update changes the mechanism used to perform the request to Mojang's...
  3. Minor update

This release makes use of the safe method for retrieving registration input data, implemented...

Latest reviews

Very nice! Very useful and stops users to make alternative accounts to like own posts or something. I'll give 5 stars after you have added UUID support for this addon.

Thanks a lot!
At first it didn't work for me because my host didn't allow PHP's allow_url_fopen to true but the developer recoded it so it would work for me using curl so now its works all good. ++++++++
Jeremy P
Jeremy P
Thanks! Happy to do it.
Does what it's supposed to do, simple, does not store any "Mojang Login information". Automatic deny is always promising. This is a Must have add-on for any minecraft server owner who uses XenForo for their community.
Great addon, pair pricing.
Good job ;)
Great resource that does exactly as it's advertised. Now that it's been rewritten to support all of the recent changes in XF and PHP, I'm confident in this add-on's ability to be used for a long time from now.

Another great advantage of this add-on is a decrease in spam… since using it, I've noticed the number of spambots has decreased.

There's no doubt in my mind that this is a must-have add-on for any Minecraft server owner who uses XenForo.
Great Addon, Works phenomenol!
Jeremy P
Jeremy P
Thanks! I'm glad :)
Great Mod does exactly as advertised
Works as described.
Great addon! Should be used on all MC Forums! Great job. ;)
Bought this addon for my server forums. Works great. Although, it could be $5.