1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Minecraft Paid Username Validation 2.2.0

When registering, users must use a paid Minecraft account username.

1. Jeremy P
    Compatible XF Versions:
    Additional Requirements:
    PHP 5.3+
    cURL PHP extension
    Jeremy's License Agreement
    Visible Branding:
    Please review these free alternatives! They may be closer to what you're looking for!

This add-on will ensure your users have paid Minecraft usernames when registering.

Does not verify that the user owns the particular username they specify.

• You may choose to accept or reject the registration in the event Minecraft.net cannot be reached
    • You may update the URL to be used for validation if it changes in the future
    • Enable or disable the add-on to turn checking on/off
    • Fully phrased error messages (can be changed and translated easily)
    • Works with the built in File Health Check to ensure the integrity of the add-on
    • This only checks on new user registration. It will not validate the username when a username is changed or when an Administrator creates a new user from the Control Panel
    • Only validates the forum username, not against custom fields

Screenshot 2012-08-23 at 5.54.59 PM.jpg

Recent Updates

1. 2.2.0: Validation uses newer API
  2. cURL Support
  3. Minor update

Recent Reviews

1. korhox
    Version: 2.1.5
    Very nice! Very useful and stops users to make alternative accounts to like own posts or something. I'll give 5 stars after you have added UUID support for this addon.

Thanks a lot!
  2. ozm8ey
    Version: 2.1.4
    At first it didn't work for me because my host didn't allow PHP's allow_url_fopen to true but the developer recoded it so it would work for me using curl so now its works all good. ++++++++
    1. Jeremy P
      Author's Response
      Thanks! Happy to do it.
  3. EricLimaB
    Version: 2.1.0
    Does what it's supposed to do, simple, does not store any "Mojang Login information". Automatic deny is always promising. This is a Must have add-on for any minecraft server owner who uses XenForo for their community.
  4. minifisch
    Version: 2.0.0
    Great addon, pair pricing.
    Good job ;)
  5. jflory7
    Version: 2.0.0
    Great resource that does exactly as it's advertised. Now that it's been rewritten to support all of the recent changes in XF and PHP, I'm confident in this add-on's ability to be used for a long time from now.

Another great advantage of this add-on is a decrease in spam… since using it, I've noticed the number of spambots has decreased.

There's no doubt in my mind that this is a must-have add-on for any Minecraft server owner who uses XenForo.
  6. thegoldbacon
    Version: 1.0.0d
    Great Addon, Works phenomenol!
    1. Jeremy P
      Author's Response
      Thanks! I'm glad :)
  7. Robert
    Version: 1.0.0c
    Great Mod does exactly as advertised
  8. bitWolfy
    Works as described.
  9. Maulss
    Great addon! Should be used on all MC Forums! Great job. ;)
  10. Yoshi910
    Version: 1.0.0
    Bought this addon for my server forums. Works great. Although, it could be $5.