No permission to download
Compatible XF 2.x versions
License
CC BY-NC-ND 4.0
Visible branding
No
[KL] User Improvements
Description
This add-on bundles up a whole bunch of functionalities that aim at improving your user experience. From colored usernames, user name changes, additional privacy settings and account self-deactivation to more connected accounts for easier login and registration and most importantly a heavily improved trophy mechanism, including trophy categories, trophy chaining and a user title ladder progress widget.

Features
  • Additional connected account providers:
    • Amazon
    • Battle.net
    • DeviantArt
    • Discord
    • Dropbox
    • Instagram
    • Pinterest
    • Reddit
    • Twitch
  • User name changes, including:
    • Permissions, to determine
      • Who can change his name
      • How often he can do that
      • Who can see the change log
      • Who can see the change dates
    • User name change history
    • Including user criteria for trophies and more!
  • User name coloring
    • Set up to 27 available colors for your users to chose their nickname color from via Style Properties
    • Select, who is able to change his user name color
    • User name color is applied to wherever rich text usernames are available
  • User self account deactivation
    • Including additional self-reactivation within the next X days
    • Permissions to determine
      • Who can deactivate his account
      • If he can reactivate it
      • For how long he is able to reactivate it
  • Trophies
    • Trophy categories allow for advanced trophy sorting.
    • Hidden trophies are a new way to send your users on the hunt for even more trophy points!
    • Trophy icons (FontAwesome or images) make trophies look and feel more awesome. They also can be styled with additional per-icon css!
    • The User Title Ladder widget shows your users their progress towards the next user title.
    • Predecessor trophies allow for trophy chaining.
    • An improved trophy help page offers more information for your users about their trophy progress.
    • The trophy showcase allows your users to display their most precious trophies on their profiles or in postbits!
    • Manually reward trophies to users.
    • Split the trophy list in the member profile into a separate tab.
  • Additional privacy settings
    • Let users decide who can
      • View their profile stats
      • View their user name change history
    • Including moderator permissions to bypass these settings
  • Profile view counters allow your users to track how many people visit their profiles!
    • Additional permissions allow users to reset their view counters upon demand.
Installation, Upgrade and Deinstallation
Installation
  1. Upload the content of the upload-folder to your XenForo root directory.
  2. Head to ACP -> Add-Ons and install User Improvements
Upgrade
  1. Read the patch notes for potential additional necessary steps!
  2. Upload the content if the upload-folder to your XenForo root directory. Overwrite files when asked.
  3. Head to ACP -> Add-Ons and upgrade User Improvements
Deinstallation
  1. Head to ACP -> Add-Ons and uninstall the User Improvements
  2. Delete the following folders inside your XenForo root directory:
    1. src/addons/KL/UserImprovements/

Contribution
If you appreciate my work, please consider leaving a like and a review, and a contribution via PayPal. Details are provided via private conversation.

Please note that the license does not entitle you to use this add-on on a commercially active XenForo installation, meaning that when you run some form of commercial income on your XenForo installation (ads, user upgrades or other means of money generation), you will require to extend your license to a commercial license. Commercial licenses are a one-time payment and include all future updates. You are required to buy one license per online accessible XenForo installation that is commercially active. Commercial licenses for this add-on are available at a price of 50€/each. Be fair and keep this add-on free for everyone who offers his content for free.
Many thanks to my generous contributor(s):
Custom Licensing available. Contact me for more information.

Screenshots
9CDbEzn.png htC2New.png N3PmA1W.png D1ImZ4q.png smf1nHW.png tXUzitE.png C1wFiGm.png VXnkGSp.png ZcgUgLu.png Unw7Usp.png jlYzvor.png 6GK98qr.png EOYcJuf.png gYTryMB.png 762RVmH.png
Related resources
Translations
- There are currently no translations available. If you want to submit a translation, please drop me a message. -
Author
katsulynx
Downloads
First release
Last update
Rating
4.86 star(s) 7 ratings

More resources from katsulynx

Latest updates

1. 1.2.2

Changelog Bugfixes & Changes Fixed a bug that would throw a number of undefined index errors...
  2. 1.2.1

Changelog Bugfixes & Changes Trophy points are now shown as short numbers with tooltips to...
  3. 1.2.0

Changelog Important: You may not upgrade to this version from a Beta-Version. If you're still...

Latest reviews

Good addon, it would be great to have the feature of "user self delete" in addition to the deactivation. In the EU it is necessary to fit the regulations of the GDPR, see: https://gdpr-info.eu/art-17-gdpr/
This is a complete package, and everything a site needs.Brilliant addon and great job well done by the author! :) A++++
The additional features added in KL UI are very nice. The add-on features granular level permissions too, which is useful for controlling who can and can't use the added features.
Fantastic add-on with vital features that should be in XenForo to begin with. Friendly developer who you should consider contributing to.
Love the addon! Especially the fact that it's free!

Although, I'm not seeing a way to adjust a users color from an admin standpoint, I want my mods, admins, and content creators names to have different colors as well.
katsulynx
katsulynx
Hey there. Thanks for the positive review! I'll post a comment on your color problem in the discussion.
This is a very cool add-on. Thank you so much for providing it free of charge. I really like the self user name changes.
katsulynx
katsulynx
Thanks a lot for the review! Glad you enjoy my addon.
Very nice addon with a lot of nice and interesting features (connected accounts are very nice, like username changes or self-account deactivation).

A steam account integration would be very nice also ;) !
katsulynx
katsulynx
Thanks for the kind review. A Steam Login implementation is very unlikely for now, details are in the discussion for everyone that's interested in the "whys" of this decision.