This is a complete re-write of this add-on: Icewind Dale RP Total Forum Thread Views
- Compatible XF Versions:
- Visible Branding:
If you have the above add-on installed, uninstall it first, and remove the files from your server. This is not an upgrade, but totally new.
What it does:
- New directory structure
- Cache rebuilding is handled by XenForos deferred method
- File Health check added
- No Template Listeners; replaced by Template Modifications
- Two choices of how the Views total looks in the list of forums, see SS's
- 3 phrases you can change, and the two templates for the 2 views can be edited/changed if you like
- Utilizes a simple Data Writer to update the forum totals when re-building the totals
- Respects Private forums (shows the standard - instead of the number)
Keeps track of total thread views per forum and displays them on the forum list and the grand total on the forum home's sidebar.
Queries: only when the cron job runs.
Template Edits: none.
Table xf_iwd_ftviews added
one new column added to xf_forum (iwd_forum_views)
Installation: See the included read me file, standard install.
Once the install is complete navigate to: Admin->Tools->File Health Check to ensure the files were uploaded correctly, and then: Admin->Tools->Rebuild Caches, and select Rebuild Now for the add-on. You must run this to update the forum views for all existing threads, or wait it out until the cron job runs.
The cron job for updating forums thread views is set to run 15 and 45 mins after the hour. Adjust to suit your needs.
This add-on can only be installed if you, the XenForo license holder has downloaded it from this site or my site. You can not redistribute it in any form, without my consent.