1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Icewind Clone User Group 1.0

Quickly create a User Group based off of another one

1. Lawrence
    Compatible XF Versions:
    Visible Branding:
    What it Does:
    This simple add-on does what the name implies: allows admins to clone another user group. It copies permissions, CSS, and any banner settings you may have set in the user group you want to clone. Select the clone link, enter a new title for the user group and press the Save User Group button.

This tool can also be used to clone a specific user groups permissions that will be used to create another user group off of (to ensure no duplicate permissions). Just clone the user group, and before hitting save, go from top to bottom setting all those that are set to Allow, to Not Set, and those that you want to give, to Allow. For example: clone the Registered user group to create a Supporters User Group. This way you can see what the previous permissions were and adjust the Supporters user groups, accordingly (no duplicate permissions, and no need for an excel document to keep track of permissions).

This add-on does not copy user group node permissions. See related resource listed below.

Template Edits: None

Template Modifications: 1 modification to the admin user_group_list template

Database Changes: None

Installation: See the included read me file, standard install.

Once the install is complete navigate to: Admin->Tools->File Health Check to ensure the files were uploaded correctly.

This add-on can only be installed if downloaded from xenforo.com or icewinddalerp.com, and can not be re-distributed or re-transmitted in any way without the consent of the author.

Related Resources:
    Icewind Clone Node
    Xon, ManuTdi, DEZero and 9 others like this.

Recent Reviews

1. viper357
    Version: 1.0
    Thanks for taking the time to write this add-on. A lifesaver for those of us that don't fully understand the way the Xenforo usergroups system works. Working well on 1.5.6.
    1. Lawrence
      Author's Response
      Thank-you for taking the time to review this add-on. It has already saved me a lot of time, and will come in handy when I put my roster add-on online that supports guilds. :)
  2. Ghostaunt
    1. Lawrence
      Author's Response
      Thanks for the review. Just FYI I know how to set XF's permissions, they are accumulative, and as such straight forward to set up. I created this add-on as a time saver for admins that are going to create user groups that are parallel to each other, ie: for RPing sites that have numerous areas that are accessible to specific user groups only.
  3. ryansaw
    This saved me a lot of work. If you have have many user groups with their own forums and sub forums this is helpful. The built in permissions are solid for most forums, but they are not a one size fits all. Thanks for sharing this modification.
    1. Lawrence
      Author's Response
      Thanks for the review, much appreciated.
  4. Orbis
    Should be in core!
  5. oman
    Woohoo! Finally the ability to be able to do this! Thanks Lawrence. Nice add on.
  6. Sheratan
    Great! Should be in core.
  7. yavuz
    I had this requested as a core feature but an add-on will do. Thanks Lawrence, for this much needed addon.