[OzzModz] Forum Index Tweak 2.3.0

No permission to download
Compatible XF 2.x versions
  1. 2.2
Additional requirements
PHP 7 and PHP 8 supported
Visible branding
No
This add-on is shared with the Xenforo community for free without branding.
Donations are welcome by just liking this add-on or leaving a nice review, that's all! :love:

"Less is More"

This easy to install add-on will add some options to hide the avatars and threads/messages stats columns from your forum list.

The idea is to make your forum index easy to read and understand for your forum members. Simplicity. A regular member does not need the extra information about how many threads and messages a certain forum contains. It is nice to know for an admin, but not for your users. By removing those two stats columns, you will have more room for the last post information and it makes the index less complex.

Configuration

By default, this add-on will disable both the Messages and Threads stats column and add extra room for the last post information column. If you want to change this:
  1. Go to your xenForo admin control panel
  2. Go to Appearance > Style properties
  3. Select Node/forum list
  4. Change the available options:
    • Show number of threads on forum list
    • Show number of messages on forum list
    • Last message column width
Translations
  • English (default)
  • Dutch
Screenshots

Default forum list:

New simplified forum list with avatars:

New simplified forum list without avatars:

Options:
Author
Ozzy47
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update

Ratings

5.00 star(s) 5 ratings

More resources from Ozzy47

Latest updates

1. [OzzModz] Forum Index Tweak for XenForo 2.2+ Update 2.3.0

Changed name to [OzzModz] Forum Index Tweak Added new developer URL Added minimum requirement of...
  2. Discontinued

Announcement: I'm no longer able to maintain this (free) add-on. The reason for this is that I...
  3. [2.2.1] Minor update

Small fix: Updated phrase in style properties

Latest reviews

Many thanks for this! Still works April 2022 and for a complete beginner.

Uploaded unzipped and worked straight away.
One of the best and most useful add-ons for Xenforo. I would pay for this. Thank you so much for this!
The Add-On runs perfectly. It does exactly what was announced and what you need. And you have all the options to customize the three things (threads, messages and avatars), as you want.

To slightly improve:

- For a newcomer to Forums like me, installing instructions in the "read-me" file should be a bit more detailed, as after a lot of reasonings I realized I had to upload only the folder "MrMinx" inside my Add-Ons folder inside some folders of the route described in the "readme", but this complete route was not described in the "Read-me", which I think was necessary to help the users.

- I have the impression that the original font type of the Threads, number of messages and last messages part in the Forum has been slightly changed (just an impression, I am not sure about that as I can not compare to how was before) -> Not an important change but this is my (¿maybe wrong?) impression.

But in conclusion: a really good decision to download it, as rfuns perfectly, and puts no publicity in your Forum like other Add-Ons.
Does exactly what the author says it does with no nonsense, no footer link, nothing. It just is what it is.
Works perfectly and is easy to install, even for a novice like me! I'm using Xenforo because of the compact presentation of the website, but I want it to look less like a forum than a place to find my stuff and talk about it. This add-on helps!
Ozzy47
Ozzy47
Great to hear, I was thinking the same when creating this add-on!
Top Bottom