1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unmaintained GoodForNothing Permalink 1.0.0 Beta 1

Manage your site's links like a boss!

1. Mr. Goodie2Shoes
    Compatible XF Versions:
    Commercially Licensed (One site per subscription)
    Updates Duration:
    Yearly Renewal (USD 10 per year)
    Visible Branding:
    How To Buy
    Please check the FAQ :)

Ever wanted to manage how the links will be generated for your forum? Well, now you can! :D

By default, what XenForo does is use their smart routing system to route specific paths to their individual classes and maybe even resolve the content id from the URL to serve the content. And the output is always something like:
    What this nifty little add-on does is port into XenForo's routing and link building systems to serve and process permalinks just the way you like. I used the idea how WordPress handles their permalinks but the method is totally different. You can manage what will be included in the URLs generated, with as many relevant variables available.

So for threads, if you want you can have URLs like:
    or maybe:
    Here's a little something to show you guys what this add-on is capable of.
    Be sure to check the address bar. :D
    [It looks like the image could not be fetched properly so here's the link: https://images.gfnlabs.com/images/2015/08/27/8ca663567a397707a9580897d409175d.gif]

The possibilities are endless :D

Supported Add-ons/Modules
    As this is a highly experimental BETA, I have only added support for:
    • XenForo
      • Users
      • Nodes
      • Threads
    Other add-ons will be supported once I think this add-on is matured enough. And hopefully this will be gold in no time with your participation :D

Currently XenForo's route filters do not work on the permalinks because of how the route filters are loaded by the system to increase performance.

1. Download and extract the package.
    2. Upload everything from the 'upload' folder to your forum's root directory.
    3. Import the XML file named 'addon-GFNPermalink.xml' from your AdminCP.
    4. Now onto configuration ↓

All the pages / configuration available for this add-on can be found in AdminCP -> Home -> Options / Setup -> Permalink
    1.png 2.png 3.png

Please Note
    • I created this add-on with pretty links in mind and not sure if there are any added benefits to SEO.
    • The old "original" links will be redirected with a 301 header so this add-on wont hamper your Page Rank.
    • This handy little add-on will allow admins migrating from other forum software to keep their old links and thus not worry about redirections. Provided that the old links did not use any "GET" parameters to fetch the threads/forums (i.e. using some kind of SEO modules to generate links).
    • With a number of small tests performed on a really small community, I did not see any change in performance and hopefully it will be more or less hold true for bigger communities. :)

License Agreement
    Upon purchase you agree to our License Agreement (which is not available at this moment, but is more or less the same as XenForo's).

The tl;dr of our license agreement is:
    You are not allowed to redistribute the package under any circumstances and/or in any form and you can use one subscription on one site only. If you want to use this add-on on another site of yours, you have to purchase a new subscription.
    TheBigK, mcatze and Daniel-SP like this.