1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GeSHi Syntax Highlighter 1.3.0

GeSHi based syntax highlighter that intercepts CODE, HTML and PHP BBCode.

1. digitalpoint
    Compatible XF Versions:
    Visible Branding:
    No
    This is a GeSHi based syntax highlighter that intercepts CODE, HTML and PHP BBCode and formats them to be "pretty".

Installation
    • Put the contents of the library directory into your XenForo library directory.
    • Install the addon-dpSyntaxHighlighter.xml file in your Admin Control Panel -> Install Add-on option.
    Usage
    • For PHP and HTML highlighting, nothing special is needed, just use the normal [php] and [html] BBCode.
    • If you want to specify a specific language to highlight, you can use the [code] BBCode with an option like so: [code=javascript]
    Notes
    • All languages that GeSHi supports are supported (currently 220).
    • There is one option that is added to the "Messages" section of XenForo options. (Show Line Numbers In Parsed BBCode)
    geshi.png

upload_2014-4-14_11-50-24.png
    majid_comp, Warning, mr.kaka and 19 others like this.

Recent Reviews

1. v1nce
    v1nce
    3/5,
    Version: 1.3.0
    Nice but no way to add options to the drop down menu? It's like having a very nice car and hiding it in the garage.
  2. enivid
    enivid
    4/5,
    Could be better with some options to add and remove languages from the editor's select input, but otherwise it is a great addon to a forum related to coding.
  3. dethfire
    dethfire
    4/5,
    Great for programming sites. Only thing is that it's not used enough on my site because there isn't a way to add more common codes to the drop down list so people either don't know or forget this feature. Hoping for continued development and support.
  4. 1im
    1im
    5/5,
    Great feature. Works as described. He also provided additional support for modifying the drop down box. If you run any sort of programming community, I recommend this as "mandatory mod"
  5. BobbyWibowo
    BobbyWibowo
    5/5,
    Excellent integration of GeSHi. I'm loving this! Totally essential for sharing codes or discussing parts of certain codes.
    Thanks a lot for taking the time to develop this!
  6. Chris4GL
    Chris4GL
    5/5,
    Version: 1.2.0
    Love this add-on, it is an essential one for software development forums like mine. Even supports Progress 4GL/ABL!
  7. Maik
    Maik
    5/5,
    Fantastic for my coding-board :)
  8. Kevin
    Kevin
    5/5,
    Does the job as listed on the tin. :)
  9. high1976
    high1976
    5/5,
    works perfectly
  10. PerfectInsanity
    PerfectInsanity
    5/5,
    This addon is invaluable to my community. Even though it's simply an improvement over existing XF features, my forums would be much more difficult to view and help people. As my members are always using the code tags.

Plus with some quick help, I was able to tweak it so the basic code tags used a specific language syntax by default. Which was a massive improvement over at my forum. No longer needed the notice to tell everyone to use code=csharp. =D