1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Export Conversations 1.1.4

Allow users to download (export) their personal conversations in various formats.

1. Valhalla
    Compatible XF Versions:
    License:
    Purchasing a license entitles you to the use of this add-on on a single XenForo installation.
    Visible Branding:
    No
    This XenForo add-on allows your users to export their conversations in a variety of different formats, including HTML, XML and plain text.

You can choose to display the export option from within the conversation itself, or as an additional option in the inline tools drop-down. The inline tool will allow you to export more than one conversation at a time. You also have the option of allowing a user to export and leave all conversations at once.

Export Conversations:

If the user has permission, and the feature is enabled, a new "Export Conversation" item will appear in the conversation view sidebar. From here, the export formats will display in a drop-down selection box. The available export formats can be chosen from the add-on options page.

ec_view_1.png
    ec_view_2.png

All conversations can also be exported using the "Conversation Tools" drop-down. This is also where you can choose to leave all conversations.

Screen Shot 2015-03-17 at 20.47.55.png

Screen Shot 2015-03-17 at 20.09.30.png

Screen Shot 2015-03-17 at 20.17.09.png

You can also choose to enable exporting as an inline moderation tool. A user will then be able to export more than one conversation at a time.

Permission:

This add-on includes one permission to enable / disable the feature for certain user-groups, "Export / leave all personal conversations". This permission effectively disables or enables the add-on on a per-usergroup basis.

Screen Shot 2015-03-17 at 17.46.35.png

To be clear, the permission above affects both (1) the ability to export conversations, and (2) allowing users to leave all conversations (although both of these things can be disabled in the add-on options). If a user had permission, and the option was set, a user would be able to leave all conversations at once using the Conversation Tools dropdown.

Below is the Conversation Tools dropdown, and its two options can be controlled by the add-on option "Actions Permitted from Conversation Tools".

Screen Shot 2015-03-17 at 17.49.47.png

Screen Shot 2015-03-17 at 17.53.36.png

Options

This add-on includes the option to select which export formats will be available to the user.

You can also choose to only allow downloads of individual conversations, preventing the use of the inline moderation tools, or the ability to download / leave all conversations in a single action.

ec_options.png

You can also choose to enable this feature on a user-group specific basis. This add-on includes the appropriate permission, "Export / leave all personal conversations". The reference to refers to the option to leave all conversations at once using the Conversation Tools dropdown, but this feature can be disabled within the add-on options.

Formats

Exporting a conversation (or conversations) as HTML will produce a readable file of the chosen conversation. This appearance of the outputted file can be modified by styling the ec_export_html template.

Screen Shot 2015-03-17 at 19.13.45.png

Choosing to export as HTML will produce a readable file which can then be printed, saved, or converted to PDF using the "Save As" or export feature found in most browser's print window.

Screen Shot 2015-03-17 at 19.43.32.png

The downloadable XML file is in the format in the preview below. Conversations are nested, with messages included within.

ec_xml.png

The plain text file generates a flat-file format of the chosen conversation(s). Minimal formatting is used here.

Screen Shot 2015-03-17 at 19.55.14.png

You should note that there is no simple way to change the output of the XML or plain text file. The text file will adhere to any changes you make to phrases however. Currently, the XML file only outputs English tags.

Phrases & Templates:

This add-on is fully phrased, with the exception of XML tags, if this is desired, I will consider adding phrasing in that area.

The add-on has 25 phrases, all beginning with the prefix 'ec_'.

There are three template modifications:

ec_template_modifications.png

There are five new templates:

ec_templates.png

Installation:

No database changes are made when installing and using this add-on.

Files should be uploaded into the appropriate places, and the XML file should be used to to install the add-on.

ec_files.png

Purchase & License:

Please contact me in order to purchase this add-on.

One license is required per single XenForo installation.

Once purchased, support will be given within the scope of the add-on itself, and the initial purchase includes future releases of the add-on.

Suggestions for extending the functionality of this add-on are most welcome, so please let me know your thoughts and ideas.
    Iversia, Alien, UnitySoft and 4 others like this.

Recent Updates

1. Version 1.1.4
  2. Version 1.1.3
  3. Version 1.1.2

Recent Reviews

1. Mr Lucky
    Mr Lucky
    5/5,
    Version: 1.1.1
    Finally we can do this!
  2. Anthony Parsons
    Anthony Parsons
    5/5,
    Version: 1.1.1
    This is one feature I also missed from prior software... and thank you for now creating it. I have an inbox with over 2000 PC's which I hate, as I used to dump them annually and haven't been able to... until now. Thank you so much.
  3. SatGuyScott
    SatGuyScott
    5/5,
    Version: 1.1
    Purchased 1.1 and it works great! I was finally able to leave all those conversations which were imported from vBulletin. Nice to have an empty box again! Plus I have a backup of all conversations save on my computer just in case I ever need to go and look up something from the past. Money well spent!