Scroll down to "How to purchase" section for instructions to purchase.
- Compatible XF Versions:
- Additional Requirements:
- PHP 5+ (the add-on should support at least PHP 4.3.0, but I don't think XenForo itself would)
ImageMagick PECL Extension (optional for "Combine 4 attachments" feature - if you don't have this, the add-on will fallback to built-in PHP GD library)
- Each installation requires a separate license.
- Updates Duration:
- 12 months (updates and support)
- Visible Branding:
Features (for more detailed description, scroll down to "Admin options" section):
- Add images from attachments (either added with [ATTACH] tags or not) and embedded images (added with [IMG] tags) to Open Graph meta tag.
- Add thumbnails of YouTube videos to Open Graph meta tags.
- Optionally remove [ATTACH] and [IMG] BBCode tags from meta description.
- Optionally remove smilies with format :word-characters:, such as :smile:, :sad:, :not_so_sad:, :021_random:, etc. from meta description.
- Optionally remove HTML tags from meta description (add-on such as HTML BBCode allows user to parse HTML into posts, and usually the actual tags can be seen in meta description).
- Remove your own RegEx patterns from meta description (in case you have some extra bits that you want to remove).
- Optionally remove default Open Graph images such as XenForo logo and/or user's avatar (it's recommended to keep them as a placeholder images in pages without attachments and/or external images).
- Set maximum count of Open Graph image meta tags to add (doesn't count default ones - may set unlimited).
- Add support for Twitter Cards (the add-on will add Twitter's exclusive markup tags).
- Twitter Cards: Choose which card type to use by default (default: summary). If an image was found, it will automatically use summary_large_image type.
- Twitter Cards: May choose to fetch first poster's Twitter username and assign to twitter:creator meta tag (if not found, fallback to default value, which is changeable).
- Twitter Cards: May choose custom user field ID for the Twitter username. By default, XenForo has a custom user field for Twitter with ID: twitter. But this option was added in case you had made another custom user field to store Twitter username.
- Combine 4 attachments. Since version 1.5.0, you may use ImageMagick PECL Extension for much faster generation time.
- May choose crop mode (top left, center and no crop) for the "Combine 4 attachments" feature. More crop mode may be added in future versions if there are any demands.
- May skip attachments which are less than 600px wide OR less than 315px high.
- Ability to cache generated images from "Combine 4 attachments" feature. If the cache has expired but there have been no changes with the attachments that were previously used to generate it, through either adding, deleting or reordering, then it won't try to generate a new one - but if there's change, it will then try to generate a new one - may choose to store cache forever, or at least until the add-on's uninstallation.
- Add white border to attachments to prevent Facebook and Twitter from cropping them in their site's preview.
- CDN support. By entering your CDN domain into the "CDN domain" option, you can make the add-on to automatically use your CDN domain for the Open Graph tags.
- May choose maximum attachment size to process (if an attachment is bigger than the maximum size, it will skip to the next attachment if available).
- NEW! Cache parsed tags to back-end caching.
Example of the ability for user to choose one among all of the available images.
Example of "Combine 4 attachments" feature. Really good for store-oriented forums.
Example of Twitter Cards support. First one shows "summary" mode. Second one shows "summary_large_image" mode with the "Combine 4 local images" feature enabled on that page.
You can access more examples in this forum. Then you can copy-paste link to the threads to Facebook Object Debugger and Twitter Card Validator to see the add-on in action.
Please note that some features are currently not enabled in Endless Horizon.
How to purchase:
- Register at Endless Horizon: https://www.endlesshorizon.net/register (Skip if you already have an account)
- Confirm your email (Skip if you already have an account)
- Purchase the Account Upgrade, "Paid XenForo Add-on: Advanced Open Graph": https://www.endlesshorizon.net/account/upgrades (You can't access the page unless you're logged in - and don't forget to read the Terms and Conditions first).
- Once you have purchased the upgrade, you will be able to see a persistent notice which has a link to the forum where you can download the add-on or request for support (or you can click here).
- From there on, everything should be self-explanatory (or you can contact me for further instructions).
- Thanks to the Endless Horizon Team and members of the Endless Horizon Community for the support all these years with the construction of the Endless Horizon Community and various other things, lol.
- Thanks to @rafass for the idea of making this add-on. Without his request, I would have never thought about making this add-on in the first place.
[Endless Horizon] Advanced Open Graph 1.7.0
Adds advanced options for Open Graph meta tags (such as adding image from [ATTACH] and [IMG]).