- Compatible XF Versions:
- Additional Requirements:
- PHP 5+
ImageMagick PECL Extension (optional for "Combine 4 attachments into a preview image" feature - if you don't have this, the add-on will automatically fallback to built-in PHP GD library)
- Each installation requires a separate license.
- Updates Duration:
- 12 months (updates and support)
- Visible Branding:
I'm no longer providing any automatic method to purchase the add-on through Endless Horizon.
If you want to purchase the add-on, please send me a conversation message instead.
Everything will be done manually, but I'll try to process it as fast as possible.
Example of the ability for user to choose one among all of the available images in Facebook:
Example of "Combine 4 attachments into a preview image" feature. Good for store-oriented forums:
Example of Twitter Cards support:
First tweet uses "summary" mode. Second tweet uses "summary_large_image" mode with the "Combine 4 attachments into a preview image" feature enabled.
Features (for more detailed description, scroll down to "Admin options" section):
You can access more examples in this forum (currently under maintenance), then you can copy-paste link of the threads to Facebook Object Debugger, Twitter Card Validator and Pinterest's Rich Pin Validator to see the add-on in action.
- Allow user to explicitly provide URL for the primary Open Graph image. There's a "permission" available that you can assign to usergroups.
- Add extra article tags for threads (article:author and article:published_time).
- Add images from attachments (either added to post with [ATTACH] tags or not) and embedded images (added with [IMG] tags) to Open Graph meta tag.
- Add thumbnails of YouTube embeds to Open Graph meta tags.
- Remove RegEx patterns from descriptions (you can define your own patterns).
- RegEx pattern to remove [ATTACH] and [IMG] tags).
- RegEx pattern to remove smilies with format :word-characters:, such as :smile:, :sad:, :not_so_sad:, :021_random:, etc..
- RegEx pattern remove HTML tags from meta description (add-on such as HTML BBCode allows user to parse HTML into posts and usually the HTML tags can be seen in description).
- Optionally remove default Open Graph images such as XenForo logo and/or user's avatar (it's recommended to keep them as a placeholder image(s) in pages without attachments, external images and/or YouTube embeds).
- Limit the maximum amount of images to add to Open Graph tags (you can prevent your server from wasting resources).
- Additional support for Twitter Cards (the add-on will add Twitter's exclusive markup tags).
- Twitter Cards: Choose which card type to use by default (default: summary). If an image was found, the add-on will seamlessly use summary_large_image type.
- Twitter Cards: Optionally use first poster's Twitter username for twitter:creator meta tag (if not found, fallback to default value).
- Twitter Cards: Optionally change the ID of the custom user field for the Twitter username. By default, XenForo has a custom user field for Twitter with ID: twitter, but this option was added in case you had made another custom user field to store Twitter username.
- Combine 4 attachments into a preview image.
Since version 1.5.0, you may use ImageMagick PECL Extension for much faster generation time.
- Choose crop mode (top left, center and no crop / zoom out) for the "Combine 4 attachments into a preview image" feature. More crop mode may be added in future versions if there are any demands.
- Choose to skip attachments which are less than 600px wide OR less than 315px high.
- Ability to cache generated images from "Combine 4 attachments into a preview image" feature. If the cache has expired but there have been no changes with the attachments that were previously used to generate it (through either adding, deleting or reordering), then it won't try to generate a new one, but if there's any change, it will then try to generate a new one.
May choose to store cache forever, or at least until the add-on's uninstallation.
- Ability to add white border to attachments to prevent Facebook and Twitter from cropping them in their preview.
- CDN support. By providing your CDN domain, you can make the add-on to automatically use your CDN domain for the Open Graph tags.
- Choose maximum attachment size to process (if an attachment is bigger than the maximum size, the add-on will skip to the next attachment whenever available).
- Cache parsed tags to back-end caching.
Please note that some features are currently not enabled in Endless Horizon.
- Thanks to the Endless Horizon Team and members of the Endless Horizon Community for the support all these years with the construction of the Endless Horizon Community and various other things, lol.
- Thanks to @rafass for the idea of making this add-on. Without his request, I would have never thought about making this add-on in the first place.
[Endless Horizon] Advanced Open Graph 1.7.3
Adds advanced options for Open Graph meta tags (such as adding image from [ATTACH] and [IMG]).