1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dead Link Management 1.2

find all the links in posts, checks their status, and see all links in a list

1. au lait
    Compatible XF Versions:
    Additional Requirements:
    1 license = 1 site
    Updates Duration:
    1 year; $8 updates
    Visible Branding:
    Yes, but removable with payment
    Please look at the pictures and the demo!

After installation, you find the „Dead Link Managment“ in the Tools and in the Rebuild Caches section. Scroll down and set your time frame. Perhaps it is better to choose smaller time frames, cause the search takes time.

This maintenance run must be done only once, but must in the end have done the whole forum. Should it not be done, only new posted links are automatically recorded.
    New links or changes will be recognized automatically by the Addon and stored / checked.

After links have been found, they are sorted by their status and the number to the respective status. You find the whole list in the Tools, se the menu at Dead Link Managment.
    These list can be exported as HTML file or checked again.

If you select a state from the list, you get a list of all links of this state, listed with the number of how many posts containing this link.

After clicking on a link, you get a list of all the posts with this link inside and the title of the thread and the URL bbCode. Now you can directly delete this link in the specific post.

In the rebuild caches you can also use an automatic link replacement. It can replace the link with ist description in the post, or with a freely selectable text, done by yourself.

- Lists all the links in the forum by its status etc. on.
    - Per Options you can check internal links
    - Export the respective lists as HTML File
    - Each status can be checked manually again
    - Explanation of each status
    - Per maintenance run can all links of a status replace with freely selectable text
    (Replace Text will be taken only if the link text is not equal to the Link)
    - Per CronJob all links continuously get checked again
    - New links in a post be immediately detected and added to the list and checked by CronJob or manually
    - Display the Link Status in the post directly by the link - for selected user groups
    - Temporary On request Hide links with selected state
    - Whitelist
    - Frontend for Mod/Admin

Important information:
    This add-on is
    not affiliated with XenForo Ltd.

1. Screen-0010.png
    2. Screen-0011.png
    3. Screen-0013.png
    4. Screen-0014.png
    5. Screen-0015.png
    6. Screen-0016.png
    7. Screen-0018.png
    8. Screen-0019.png
    9. Screen-0021.png
    10. Screen-0023.png
    11. Screen-0026.png
    12. Screen-0027.png
    worrorfight, erich37, 51463 and 5 others like this.

Recent Updates

1. Version 1.2
  2. Version 1.1

Recent Reviews

1. audiokid
    Version: 1.2
    Excellent add-n. Something like this should be an xenForo core feature. I have an 18 year old forum and its working no problem. One suggestion, If we could search and mass delete specific domains, this would be choice. As an example, even links with a "200" can be redirecting or moved to questionable urls. It would be idea if I could mass delete entire links of certain domain.
  2. Axel B
    Axel B
    Excellent addon. It takes some time to run but this is necessary to do various tests to see if the URL is valid. Runs flawlessly on a 14 year old board with 600.000+ messages and found ~5.000 links.
  3. 51463
    I am giving this add-on 2 stars. First let me start off giving it 2 reviews. 1 review for small forums and 1 review for big forums.

#1 For small forums that don't have much links. Such as 200,000 links and less. Then this add-on will probably work fine.

#2 For BIG forums with over a million posts and millions of links. Then this add-on will not work good. It takes weeks and weeks to scan millions of links. In fact i still have not finished. The process is too slow and it slows down my forum and my forum always goes offline. It simply can't handle millions of links.
    At the rate that it scans links and the time it brings down the forum. I think it will take about 30-40 days to finish the scan.

As you can see by the reviews below most people have used this add-on to scan under 100,000 links and it works fine.
    But they are probably small forums. Unfortunately it won't work good on a big forum.

This add-on has potential but for big forums i don't recommend it.

I will review this add-on again once the developer improves it.
    1. au lait
      Author's Response
      This has nothing to do with the add-on! Each link is found, must be retrieved from the add-on, it will max estimated 15 seconds! Calculate the time even then you realize that it takes now;. (This can not accelerate or improve!
  4. RichardGaspa
    Just installed this addon and it works as the author stated it would. Easy to install and setup. We use a lot of links on our site, and the addon found over 50 bad links on the run that was easy to fix with a touch of a button. I wish I heard about this addon a long time ago. This is a five-star addon
  5. Hutschenreuter
    This addon works perfect. Also an excellent and fast service. My google ranking is much better inmiddle two weeks, because I had a lot of dead links. Thanks you for that Addon
  6. Maestro2k5
    Another perfect addon.Support from provided by the Coder is very good. I found over 10k bad links in my forum. Thanks for this nice addon. and thanks for this good support.
  7. nanto
    Very good addon. Let Browse 700k contributions in a 12-year-old Forum with no problems.
    The support provided by the Coder is exemplary good.
    Highly recommended.
  8. DivokyMuz
    Another great add-on. Found so much dead links from older posts.

Development and interest for evaluation makes au lait so special. Thanks for listening to the users. :-)