No
Content Types
  • Users
  • Threads
  • XFMG
  • @NixFifty's Tickets add-on
Add-on presentation
This addon allows you to set permissions for Custom Fields:
  • Input permissions: select which usergroups can access and edit the custom field (supports the 3 original locations)
  • Output permissions on profile pages: select which usergroups can access the custom field on profile pages
  • Output permissions in message user info: select which usergroups can access the custom field in message user info
  • Output permissions for content user's groups (thread)
Note
Based off the XF1 add-on; Custom User Fields Permissions by @cclaerhout

Contributing features or bug fixes

Please create a Github Pull request via the "More Information" link.

Contributions

If you appreciate this add-on, please consider a contribution via PayPal. Details will be provide via private conversation.

Please contact me if you wish for different licencing arrangements.
  • fields.webp
    fields.webp
    38 KB · Views: 2,576
Author
Xon
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update

Ratings

5.00 star(s) 8 ratings

More resources from Xon

Latest updates

1. 2.7.1 - Bugfix update

Ensure missing schema changes are applied when this add-on is updated or rebuilt
  2. 2.7.0 - Feature update

Add "Content owner skips check" flag for "Input permissions (Viewer)" and "Output permissions...
  3. 2.6.1 - Bugfix update

Fix error on creating new custom fields

Latest reviews

Very needed if you want to enrich threads with internal information. (without this, you cannot control who can see the entered data)
A great and useful add-on from Xon. Custom user fields have become much more useful. I really like the option to show certain custom fields only to staff.

And Xon's support is excellent as always.

Highly recommended.
Great add-on useful for providing permissions by user group to custom fields in a number of other add-ons like ticket system & xf.

Definitely a must have add-on with 5 star support, thank you!
Small and brilliant addon, but one that offers an overlooked functionality.

Sometimes you need Custom User Fields that only staff are able to interact with (and see) and that's exactly what this addon allows you to do.

NOTE: You cannot select specific nodes for this to function in, it is forum wide.
One of the few times I've agreed with the sentiment that "This should be in core!" Permissions on custom fields make them so much more functional. 👍
Exactly what I was looking for. Thank you so much.

This should honestly be in base Xen permissions.
Sadly the Custom (Thread) Fields are underdeveloped in the core software and Xon provides a neat extra permissions which should be in the core. Thank you.
We use this add-on @ DBTech to ask customers for their site URL in support tickets (threads), and it does exactly what it says on the tin 👍
Top Bottom