1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Country Flags by IP Address 1.3.5

Shows member's country flag based on their IP Address

1. Snog
    Compatible XF Versions:
    Additional Requirements:
    cURL must be installed on server to update the GeoLite database.
    BC Math for PHP must be installed on server and PHP must be configured to use BC Math.
    Visible Branding:
    No
    Shows what country your members are in based on their current IP address.

This add-on uses MaxMind's GeoLite2-Country database and MaxMind's DB Reader. This add-on does not require mod_geoip to be installed on your server.

Features:
    • Works with both IPV4 and IPV6 IP addresses
    • Select what user groups can view flags
    • Select where the flags are displayed.
    • Automatic database updates

REQUIREMENTS:
    cURL must be installed on server to update the GeoLite database.
    BC Math for PHP must be installed on server and PHP must be configured to use BC Math.

curent.jpg extra.jpg membercard.jpg profile.jpg
    Laetos, coder24, nomoreturn and 15 others like this.

Recent Reviews

1. Davidpbj
    Davidpbj
    5/5,
    Version: 1.3.5
    This is a great add-on! I love the added functionality and unique appearance that it gives my forum.
  2. HarrisonAF
    HarrisonAF
    5/5,
    Version: 1.3.5
    Great add-on, excellent back-up from the author. I think my members would lynch me if I tried to remove it.
  3. Bombardier
    Bombardier
    5/5,
    Version: 1.3.2
    Awesome, installed and working fine v 1.5.3. thank you for spending the time creating this. Truly amazing
  4. Pavle123
    Pavle123
    5/5,
    Version: 1.3.2
    It was a bit of a struggle to set it up, but mainly because of my lack of knowledge. Author was kind to help me out, and after few private messages I managed to set it up. I like how it works and I am sure my users will. Thanks a lot and keep up the great work.
  5. rafass
    rafass
    5/5,
    Version: 1.1.8
    Great addon, my users love it, very usefu!. installed in Xenforo 1.4.5, great service, great developer, I recommend this addon and all the addons of Snog. top service and top quality. Thanks!
  6. electrogypsy
    electrogypsy
    5/5,
    Version: 1.1.7
    Been using this for several months now. It works perfectly and my users like it since we're a travel oriented forum so this helps people break the ice. Highly recommended!
  7. OlegM
    OlegM
    4/5,
    1. Snog
      Author's Response
      You won't save all that much changing the CSS. Maybe 9k. But I'll see what I can do in the next release.
  8. Gazhyde
    Gazhyde
    5/5,
    Another one of those "does what it says on the tin" add ons. I was looking for a way of displaying member locations easily, and that's exactly what this does. In addition to this I had an issue running it on an earlier version of XF and Snog jumped straight in to fix it within hours. Fantastic service for a "free" add on. Would happily pay for this functionality - so I dropped Snog a small donation via his site for his efforts!
  9. sbj
    sbj
    5/5,
    Version: 1.1.6
    Extremely underrated add-on. No need to bother your users and ask them about their countries. This add-on does it for you. Also you can display flags (very very important for international forums) in front of each thread title. So people know the thread content they will deal with may be in connection with the country the people live in. Snog is a great developer and delivers super-fast updates.
  10. Stuart Wright
    Stuart Wright
    5/5,
    Version: 1.1.2
    Extremely useful addon for determining where your members are located. Most important for spotting spammers, especially if you make the location a required field on registration. If the given location is different from their country, there's a good bet they are a spammer.