CoinPayments (payments in cryptocurrency)

CoinPayments (payments in cryptocurrency) 1.0.0

No permission to buy (€10.00)
Compatible XF 2.x versions
Additional requirements
CoinPayments account
Addon to add CoinPayments as a payment provider for user upgrades.

Capture d’écran 2018-02-24 à 23.38.15.png

CoinPayments Configuration

1. You must use the merchant tool as shown in the screenshot below (the second).

Capture d’écran 2018-02-24 à 23.11.50.png

Link : https://www.coinpayments.net/acct-coins

2. Then, you must generate a couple of API keys (link: https://www.coinpayments.net/acct-api-keys).

Capture d’écran 2018-02-24 à 23.12.48.png

3. You must change the permissions related to this couple to add a permission (get_tx_info).

Capture d’écran 2018-02-24 à 23.13.03.png

Capture d’écran 2018-02-24 à 23.13.25.png

4. And finally, you need to add a wallet address for the cryptocurrency of your choice.

Capture d’écran 2018-02-25 à 00.06.05.png

Sample payment profile on xenForo

1. Create a profile for the cryptocurrency for which you have previously configured CoinPayments with the required fields.

List of supported cryptocurrencies (code): https://www.coinpayments.net/supported-coins

Capture d’écran 2018-02-24 à 23.17.27.png

2. Check this payment method in the payment methods available for your user upgrade.

Capture d’écran 2018-02-24 à 23.59.22.png

(CoinPayments - ETH is an another example)

3. You can now pay with the encryption profile configured.

Capture d’écran 2018-02-24 à 22.39.21.png

Capture d’écran 2018-02-24 à 23.38.15.png

If you want to add several cryptcurrencies, you just have to create several payment profiles.

If you have any questions or requests for help, please contact me by private message.

Regards,
Thibeault
Author
Thibeault
First release
Last update
Rating
4.50 star(s) 4 ratings

More resources from Thibeault

• Bitpay
    Bitpay
    Add Bitpay as a payment provider for user upgrades
  • (FRT) Forcing the Reading of a Thread
    (FRT) Forcing the Reading of a Thread
    This add-on allows you to force your members to read a thread.
  • Starpass
    Starpass
    Addon to add Starpass as a payment provider for user upgrades.
  • Discord
    Discord
    This add-on allows you to follow the activity of your forum through Discord.

Latest updates

1. Fixing a bug with cryptocurrencies requiring a tag id (like Monero)

Sentence correction, Display of the tag id if the cryptocurrency requires one for payment...

Latest reviews

Awesome Plugin with a very fair price. Thank you so much for creating this and not killing our wallets in the process. This guy is very reasonable!
Thibeault
Thibeault
Thank you !
As previous reviewer mentioned, it's slightly tedious that you need to add a new payment profile for each coin. Personally I have 7 user upgrades so to add 3 different coins I needed to create 21 user upgrades, but to be fair, the author makes that clear in the overview. Otherwise -- can not fault anything with the add-on, extremely useful and well made.
Thibeault
Thibeault
Thank you m !
Very easy to setup and the price is perfect for this compared to some quotes I was given to have this made custom. Thank you very much, fits my needs perfectly!

An additional note: I understand if people do not like how you have to go about the payment profiles but the addons works just fine and does the job.
Thibeault
Thibeault
Thank you !
Works, however you have to manually set a price meaning it does not catch the price you set in the user upgrade. Expample:
you have 3 upgrades and you want to support 5 crypto currencies -> You have to create 15 new payment options.. not so good in my opinion.
Thibeault
Thibeault
This is how it works as explained on the same page.