Change "Post New Thread" Button (per forum)

Unmaintained Change "Post New Thread" Button (per forum) 1.0

No permission to download
Compatible XF 1.x versions
  1. 1.2
  2. 1.3
  3. 1.4
  4. 1.5
Visible branding
No
This very simple simple modification will allow you to replace the "post new thread" button text on a per forum basis. The page title on the create thread page itself is also amended.

Example:
1. If you have an "introductions" forum.... you can change the "Post New Thread" button text to "Post New Introduction"
2. If you have a "news" forum, you could change the button text to "Add News"

I've not included screenshots because I think this is all self explanatory.
To set the button text, just edit a node - you'll find the extra option under the node description.

This mod displays no branding, there are no callbacks, it adds no queries and it's free - however, if you wish to make a donation then just PM me.

If nothing else, then at least leave a review :)
Author
Rob
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update

Ratings

2.67 star(s) 3 ratings

More resources from Rob

Latest updates

1. Stable Release - Refactored

Re-factored code to use the xf_forum table instead of xf_node so it only gets applied to forum...
  2. Adds missing template modification

Quick update to add a missing template modification. ~No need to upload files, just import the XML
  3. Now alters the page title on "create thread" pages

This update ensures that the "Post New Thread" page title, on thread create pages are also altered.

Latest reviews

Very bad support, after reported bugs, author of plugin not even respond on questions about mentioned errors and bug fix.So i rate this resource very negative.
This is a very helpful add-on,Works fine in my 1.5 forum without issues, I'm using Arabic characters and all is working fine, many thanks to developer.
Rob
Rob
Thanks Sami!
Good idea, but takes no effect on a German board! Don't know why, maybe because it's only allowed for Admins, to create threads in this forum where I wanted to change the text.
Rob
Rob
It's doing a template replacement on just this: {xen:phrase post_new_thread}
That would exist in ANY style, unless you've made your own customisations, so I fail to see how it doesn't work. Can you please discuss this in the "discussion" tab so I can understand your issue?
Top Bottom