1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[bd] Social Share 2.1.0

XenForo gets social.

1. xfrocks
    Compatible XF Versions:
    Additional Requirements:
    PHP mcrypt extension
    Visible Branding:
    No
    [bd] Social Share
    XenForo gets social.

[FEATURES]
    1. Publish links to Facebook Profile/Page/Group, Twitter (user controllable)
    2. Upload photos to an album on Facebook/Page/Group (user controllable)
    3. Support various actions (thread creation, thread reply etc.) and support lots of third party add-ons. Administrator can disable actions independently. For full list see below.
    4. Possible to recover from a failed attempt (token expire or connection error, etc.)
    5. Statistics support (daily, weekly, monthly)
    6. Can operate in two way: immediate sharing or performing delayed share for best user experience.

[SUPPORTED ACTIONS]

Demo: http://xfrocks.com/

[REQUIREMENTS]
    • XenForo 1.2.0+
    • PHP mcrypt extension

[INSTALLATION]
    1. Upload files and directories inside `upload` to XenForo's root directory. Select "Merge" for everything if you are asked
    2. Import the .xml file using XenForo add-on importer
    3. If XenForo installation has custom styles, make sure to copy bdSocialShare directory inside styles/default directory to custom style directories
    4. Configure supported actions in AdminCP > Home > Options > [bd] Social Share
    5. Configure social network permission for users/groups as needed.

Images

1. 001_options.png
    2. 002_status_update.png
    3. 003_thread_create.png
    4. 004_thread_reply.png
    5. 008.1_sonnb_xengallery_photo_upload_1.png
    6. 008.2_sonnb_xengallery_photo_upload_2.png
    7. 009.1_xenmediagallery_image_upload_1.png
    8. 009.2_xenmediagallery_image_upload_2.png
    9. 009.3_xenmediagallery_image_upload_3.png
    10. 010_xi_blog_entry_publish.png
    nomoreturn, IPF, Warning and 6 others like this.

Recent Updates

1. Minor Feature Update
  2. Maintenance update
  3. Maintenance update

Recent Reviews

1. jolly
    jolly
    1/5,
    Version: 2.1.0
    the first feature is a bold face lie. the only thing that does what it says, is auto post to group. if you do enable auto post, it posts as you, the admin, every time. If you're looking to buy you'll get messages from the dev, but soon as the money is sent, silence mode.
  2. DaveM
    DaveM
    1/5,
    Version: 2.1.0
    Well I have had this add on for a long time now and have never been able to get it up and running. It would also seem that xfrocks is not really doing any support on it either here or on his site. So overall rather a disappointing state of affairs all round.
  3. DaveM
    DaveM
    2/5,
    Version: 2.0.2
    Well the idea is great and I always wanted an add on that could do this. Setting up the Twitter API was easy but when it came to the Facebook one I finally just gave up. No matter how I tried I just could not get it to be passed by Facebook and there always seemed something that they would fail it on. So unless you really know how to get around the Facebook API you might end up with the add on only working on Twitter as I have.
    1. xfrocks
      Author's Response
      Sorry for your problem, Facebook recently changed their review process and now requires a lot of information to be able to pass. I will collect information and put up a detailed instruction for this.
  4. ceptime
    ceptime
    3/5,
    errror share problem details contact xfrocks server error ............................................................................................................
  5. Jon Naylor
    Jon Naylor
    5/5,
    Brilliant add on - Simple set up, it does exactly what it says.

I had to change to Friendly URL's to get the FB integration working correctly but that's no bad thing.

Vital for getting threads advertised to your FB & Twitter accounts, especially editorial content.

Every time I use it I see hundreds of extra visitors to my site - worth every penny.
  6. ceptime
    ceptime
    4/5,
    Version: 1.4.4
    Really auto share?
    1. xfrocks
      Author's Response
      Sorry, what was the problem?
  7. gasg
    gasg
    5/5,
    Version: 1.4.1
    bought this last night, works great out of the box, doesn't impact my website speed in any way from what I see, A+ from me :)
  8. 3rd AnGle
    3rd AnGle
    5/5,
    Version: 1.3
    A very much needed and a great tool for driving traffic towards my site.... thanks for this xFrocks. I am eagerly waiting to see your next add-on..
  9. Carla Birch
    Carla Birch
    5/5,
    Version: 1.2
    Works great without any problems, Dev is already showing that they will update this add-on based on feedback whats great to see.