[8WR] XenMedio (Media)

Unmaintained [8WR] XenMedio (Media) 1.5.3a

No permission to download
Visible branding
Yes, but removable with payment
With the changes to the YouTube API, this addon no longer works. If you wish to continue functionality, you must upgrade to the PRO version.
https://xenforo.com/community/resources/8wayrun-com-xenmedio-media-pro.1716/

This addon is FREE; and you should expect a level of support natural for a free addon... none. There is a fully supported version of this addon available here; and as such, this free version will no longer be receiving any updates. This free version supports YouTube only. The PRO version supports a myriad of other services, as well as self hosted media.

A branding removal license and instructions on how to remove the brands quick and easily can be purchased HERE for $50. Each branding removal license is good for ONE forum only! If you appreciate the work here, please DONATE.

This is a complete rewrite of my old Media Library mod for vBulletin. This mod lets users submit videos from various video hosting sites around the net, and categorize them for browsing on your website.

Features:
  • Automatic info retrieval based on MRSS, JSON or HTML
  • Content keyword tagging and animated tag cloud
  • Media threads with automatic commenting and linking
  • Full integration with XenForo's content handler system
  • Custom playlists
Demo:
Installation:
  • upload the contents of the attached zip to your XF root
  • install from file on server: "library/EWRmedio/addon-EWRmedio.xml"
  • set options for the library in administration control panel
  • set usergroup permissions for administration rights
Importing from VB4:
  • Because of the nature of how data is imported into XenForo, I can not reliably offer a universal importing system from the VB4 version of this mod. However, for a price (starting at $30) I would be willing to work on your server/database and import and re-link your data myself. If you are interested, please feel free to message me.
Donations:
  • Untitled-0.webp
    Untitled-0.webp
    94 KB · Views: 3,845
  • Untitled-1.webp
    Untitled-1.webp
    71.6 KB · Views: 3,397
  • Untitled-2.webp
    Untitled-2.webp
    43.9 KB · Views: 3,352
  • Untitled-3.webp
    Untitled-3.webp
    60.3 KB · Views: 3,343
  • Untitled-4.webp
    Untitled-4.webp
    67.8 KB · Views: 3,324
  • Untitled-5.webp
    Untitled-5.webp
    77.5 KB · Views: 3,271
Author
Jaxel
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update

Ratings

4.31 star(s) 16 ratings

More resources from Jaxel

Latest updates

1. Version 1.5.3 CHANGELOG

Added "custom data" options! I used to have these in the old VB4 version, but never got around...
  2. Version 1.5.2 CHANGELOG

This is a HUGE update; to the point where I was contemplating making it available to premium...
  3. VERSION 1.5.1 CHANGELOG

Hey guys! Its the holiday season, and this mod is free! If you can donate, please do! Or buy...

Latest reviews

Disappointed yet a second time that this now "unsupported" mod cannot be uninstalled, and continues to throw Server errors. I'm at a point now where I can't reinstall, and I can completely uninstall....
Great addon! But not 5 stars because it don't have related video sugesstion :)
exelant
We're heading towards 400 videos, and adding more all the time on IWantMy80s.com! Works great, thanks so much for all the features and continued development!
idk why but it adds 2 queries in the thread view
Jaxel
Jaxel
It only adds 2 queries to the thread view IF that thread's parent node is marked as a "media forum". If you disable the media forum system, then it wont add any queries.
Fantastic mod! Thank you for your enormous contribution to Xenforo mods.
Awesome Thank You!
Latest update fixes incompatibilities with some Waindigo add-ons. Thank you.
Had this on vB 3.x board and super-impressed to see it shared here = Thanks so much!
Wonderful addon
Top Bottom