[8WR] XenRio (Streams) PRO

Unmaintained [8WR] XenRio (Streams) PRO 1.2.6b

No permission to buy ($40.00)
Additional requirements
Please read the FAQ.
Visible branding
Yes, but removable with payment
A branding removal license and instructions on how to remove the brands quick and easily can be purchased HERE for $50. Each branding removal license is good for ONE forum only!

What is XenRio?

XenRio is a live streaming browser and front-end. It periodically scrapes various APIs in order to keep your users informed of the currently live broadcasts relevant to your community. It allows you to set up various types of restrictions to cater directly to your community.​
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Features:
  • Periodically scrapes supported platforms for a list of live streams.
  • Embeds live streams directly into your forum to prevent bouncing.
  • Auto updates channel status, categories, thumbnails and viewer counts.
  • Ability to set games/categories into sorted lists of parent categories.
  • Adds a [stream] BBcode so users can embed streams directly in threads and posts.

BBcode can be used as follows:
    Code:
    [stream]1[/stream]
    Assuming the stream is an approved channel with a channel id of "1", it will embed both the stream AND the chatroom for that stream into a post.
    Code:
    [stream=twitch]8wayrun[/stream]
    This is the secondary embed code which allows users to embed channels which have not been "approved". Using the code above, it will embed the channel "8wayrun" using the embed codes for Twitch.TV. However, there will be no embedded chatroom.
Supported Platforms:

scrape.png

Demo:

Installation:
  • upload the contents of the attached zip to your XF root
  • install from file on server: "library/EWRrio/addon-EWRrio.xml"
  • set options for the addon in administration control panel
  • set usergroup permissions for various rights
  • enable which services you want to use on the service page
  • set your API keys for services that require it
Usage Notes:

You will notice that you can "enable/disable" streaming services. Disabling a service DOES NOT completely disable the service, users will still be able to embed channels from that service, as well as submit channels for that service. The "enable/disable" option simply tells the system whether or not you wish to scrape that specific service. Services that do not have scrape support will never be scraped, even if they are set to enabled.​

Scrape Limitations:

Many of the limitations of this addon are due to the poor/outdated API support from various streaming services. You'll notice that a few of the platforms listed above do not have "scrape support". This is because their public APIs do not have a method to scrape for live streams.​

However, channel support was added for these platforms anyways so that users can submit their channels and then those channels and their related chatroom can be embedded on your forum. Unfortunately, without scrape support, channels using those platforms will never appear on the "live streams" list.​
In addition to these scrape limitations, there are additional limitations for using the secondary embed codes for Ustream.TV. I have outlined these limitations on this post:​

Donations:
Author
Jaxel
Views
First release
Last update

Ratings

4.89 star(s) 18 ratings

More resources from Jaxel

Latest updates

1. Version 1.2.6b HOTFIX

This hotfix is for a "seek" error if you are running "No Restrictions" with Twitch. This also...
  2. Version 1.2.6 CHANGELOG

PLEASE READ THESE PATCH NOTES! Twitch has once again, deprecated their API. They have just...
  3. Version 1.2.5 CHANGELOG

BEFORE uploading and installing this update, please DELETE the contents of...

Latest reviews

Best addon for media entertainment communities that are on the youtube and twitch platforms! Definitely recommended!
This has got to be one of the best add-ons for XenForo. The multi-view option alone is impressive. If your users stream a lot, get this add-on. Even if users don't stream, it's nice to have the feature on your gaming or tech website as it covers all types of streams depending on how you set it up.
Have been using this for a couple of weeks. Been loving it as so is our community. The system works perfectly but has its shortcomings.

More obvious way of submit channel button and if no streamers are streaming it should show most recent record broadcasts (like twitch does). A seperated page to show these would be a very good addition as well to this plugin.
The best streaming browser on the market for XenForo! I've waited long and hard for someone to consul with an addon which relates to gamers, and this is one of the most important one to date.
I purchased this a few weeks ago based on the excellent XenPorta 2. However the way XenRio displayed offline streams didn't suit my needs so well (although it was awesome when someone WAS streaming).

I posted a suggestion to Jaxel for a different way to display offline users, and he implemented it in the very next release just a few days later. Absolutely superb - and it looks just how I'd hoped.

Thank you Jaxel - I really appreciate the work you put into your add-ons, they really add a lot to my website!
Bought a couple of days ago. Had to use code I found in the discussion thread to get video to show and chat still not displaying, but it basically works and does what I wanted, so no complaints from me :)
Jaxel
Jaxel
Good news! Twitch has recently implemented HTTPS/SSL support! So now you should be good to go without issues.
Money well spent. Works like a dream. Could have some more features :) But that shouldn't make it less than a 5 star spend! I love the features streams section. And having it be manageable buy users is very nice.
Jaxel
Jaxel
I do accept feature requests. What features do you need?
Just purchased :) works great.
Just purchased it, already loving it!
Amazing
Top Bottom