[XI] Blog [Paid] [Deleted]

Onimua

Onimua submitted a new resource:

[XI] Blog (version 1.0.0 Beta 4) - Integrated blogging software.

This is the paid version of LNBlog, known as XIBlog, which will be actively developed and fully supported.

1.0.0 Beta 4 also includes the following changes:
  • Blog entry attachments now display properly in the Attachment Browser.
  • Fixed incorrect class name used for the blog alert preferences block.
  • Blog alert preference checkboxes correctly display the user's choices.
  • Fixed blank drop-down menu from appearing to...

Read more about this resource...

Any idea when a feature version is going to be released? Right now, you just asked for 35 bucks for a bugfix version from the free version. =)
The plan is to have the full rewrite done between July-September, which will include new features, updated coding standards, and better stability.

This is mostly a maintenance release to move away from the free version of LN Blog which is only offered with limited support as of today. The lack of new features is because the new version of XI Blog will be a complete re-write, and adding new features to the old code base wouldn't have made much sense when they'll have to be rewritten for the next version.

Onimua,

Can you add a screenshot showing the blog index, and also a persons blog main page (showing all their blogs).

Thanks,

Rob

Onimua,

Can you add a screenshot showing the blog index, and also a persons blog main page (showing all their blogs).

Thanks,

Rob
It'll be the same as beta3 at this point, though the next version has a brand new design as soon as Onimua can find the mockups I did :mad:.

Onimua,

Thanks,

Rob
I'm kind of surprised that's not there... huh. I'll throw those on tomorrow. :)

Does this come with the importer if i want to import over my vbulletin 4 blogs to this? I already have all the blogs in a forum atm. lemme know ill purchase this right away

Does this come with the importer if i want to import over my vbulletin 4 blogs to this? I already have all the blogs in a forum atm. lemme know ill purchase this right away
No, the script that handles that was written as a quick solution for those who wanted to move right away. However, since the blog is for sale now, I will lower the price of the script. I will send start a PC with you shortly. :)

No, the script that handles that was written as a quick solution for those who wanted to move right away. However, since the blog is for sale now, I will lower the price of the script. I will send start a PC with you shortly. :)
Just paypaled you $35 for the blog mod :) look forward to doing it all now :)

So if I am running the old free version and I buy this version, how do I upgrade the old version to not lose blog posts?

Thanks

So if I am running the old free version and I buy this version, how do I upgrade the old version to not lose blog posts?

Thanks
As you did with the pervious versions; there's no difference in the steps you need to take to upgrade. That will change in 1.1 but that's a few months away before we get to the first beta.

As you did with the pervious versions; there's no difference in the steps you need to take to upgrade. That will change in 1.1 but that's a few months away before we get to the first beta.
So even though the add on has a different name I just upgrade with the new package over the old add on?

I like where this is going, but I will most likely buy this when it loses its 'forum' feel. Needs a decent index page, decent categories page and decent blog user page before I run with this.

I like where this is going, but I will most likely buy this when it loses its 'forum' feel. Needs a decent index page, decent categories page and decent blog user page before I run with this.
A re-design is coming with 1.1, which will is planned for Q3.

A re-design is coming with 1.1, which will is planned for Q3.
When will this happen? I purchased this new blog but nothing new has been added. When will there be some changes as stated above by Rob? A category has been suggested long long ago this need to happen sooner than later.

Agreed, I would like to see more of what we had standard with the vbulletin blogs.

Top Bottom