• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Xenforo Time Piece Sidebar - xxAM

Will you use this to show support?

• Yes

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • No

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • I can't use this

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • It doesn't match my site

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • I can't tell time

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters

EQnoble

So I like to shop around and see what the individual of the world is offering in the way of products and services. I was looking for a live clock to display in my header on my XF installation since I can never seem to get the feeling of how much time I have concurrently spent playing with my XF installation as I learn to fail less at development.

One of the stops I made was at http://flash-clocks.com, where I found an awesome collection of free to use clocks and such. Now I have always lived by the adage, trust few and those you do try well....and for the record I am a pain in the ass if you didn't know that already so bare in mind that when you I tell you the owner of this site was amazing to deal with. I made a request for a custom clock based off a design the animator had already produced. I really liked the style of it and it ties in with what I'm working on right now for a soon to be public project. I commissioned the artist to do two clocks for me the latter of which is for you.

When I purchased this I actually totally fuxorcised my request and gave the complete wrong description of the clock to the artist. When my custom clocks we're done in less than a day and I realized my mistake, the author with no questions asked ( other than which clock was the correct one) fixed MY error which means in a couple of hours rebuilt the clocks for me. That made me happy...very happy. I got the customer is right treatment and I will tell you that in this day in age it's one of those things I value so much as you cannot get that service from the magnates that run the business world presently. I would recommend that site to anyone with the need without a hitch. Less than a day and I got a custom animation :) ( I received flash pro months ago .... still haven't produced anything myself that I would be willing to show anyone.) Please show support to the artist if you like the art and please use this on your XF to bring your visitors here so they can tell their admins at other sites they belong to how awesome this place is really becoming.

Please I ask use this on your sidebar to help spread the word of Xen. Clicking on the clock itself will link back to xenforo.com, you may change the header and title of the section to suit you I just ask you put it in a very public place on your forum. If the sidebar doesn't work for you that's fine, I authorize all xf license holders personally to use this flash object and/or any supporting code on ANY of their projects. If you are an xf license holder and developer you may distribute this in any of your mods so long as there is a link in your mod post back to this thread. I also hereby authorize Xenforo Ltd. complete discression on usage rights of this as it is a gift for everyone here and feel the team here should have purview over it. These are the terms set-forth by me which can only be changed by me personally or xenforo employees. Xenforo employees however, may change the terms to whatever suits them as long as the original flash file does not get modified in any way.

So without further ado, I present this mod...which is much simpler to use and probably faster to implement than reading this whole post.

(Kurt, Thanks for your sidebar template tutorial, I use it all the time, here included...so thanks)

___*___*___*___*___*___*___*___*___*___*___*___*___*___​
The Mod - Example @ http://xenxero.com/
____________________________________________________​

• Upload the contents of: - XFtime.zip to your server root
  • Create a new template: - xxAM_XFclock_Sidebar
Code:
<div class="section">
    <div class="secondaryContent">
         <h3>Xenforo Time</h3>
       <center><embed src=/swf/EQ.swf width=200 height=75 wmode=transparent type=application/x-shockwave-flash></embed></center> </embed>
    </div>
</div>

Save that and then....

----------

• Edit an existing template: sidebar_online_users
FIND:

Code:
<!-- end block: sidebar_online_staff -->
</xen:if>

and below that add

Code:
<!-- block: xxAM_XFclock_Sidebar -->

<xen:include template="xxAM_XFclock_Sidebar" />

<!-- end block: xxAM_XFclock_Sidebar -->
Updated: 2.1.11 : http://xenxero.com reflects the changes made.

Attachments

I like it, but i's HUGE.
That's a styling preference... easily solved
template: - xxAM_XFclock_Sidebar
Code:
<div class="section">
    <div class="secondaryContent">
         <h3>Xenforo Time</h3>
         <center><embed src=/swf/EQ.swf height=30 wmode=transparent type=application/x-shockwave-flash></embed></center>
    </div>
</div>

voilà
jhnnnvnvb.webp

Top Bottom