XenForo on 1.2

On my laptop it's just a bit too bright -- needs either to be shaded slightly darker or to have the rectangle around it more distinct. Text ("Type here, bozo") as suggested, would also help.

They must have tweaked this, either that or I've had enough sleep that my eyes can focus once again. I have no trouble now distinguishing the editor, either the quick editor or the full post editor.

Can't wait to try this out on one of my own sites!

Editor is now Gorgeous! :D Loving the blue, the consistent gradient, the neater interface! Beautifully harmonious now :)

i didn't know they changed it until they saw your post because I've been using @Qwk86gn Firefox CSS addon this whole time.

So I logged into chrome to compare it to his edit. Looks almost the except except the gradient is reversed. Now I'll be able to remove this editor CSS from the stylesheet. :D

Only thing left in the custom stylesheet is shelley's glasses icon to replace the star icons since they still don't look right imo.

Xenforo's New Editor:
Screen Shot 2013-06-16 at 1.55.41 PM.webp

Qwk86gn's Editor

Screen Shot 2013-06-16 at 1.56.48 PM.webp

The editor toolbar buttons are now scrollable.
This avoids them taking up too much vertical space on devices with narrow screens.
what do you mean? On my iphone 4 in ios 6.1.3 it is still three rows of editor controls.

Really sucks that Xenforo 1.2 destroyed two of my member's favorite addons. Large and Tall avatars by Jake Bunce and my Member's Only Avatar addon. Normally they work in desktop mode but once you go into Responsive Mode. It messes them all up.

Really sucks that Xenforo 1.2 destroyed two of my member's favorite addons. Large and Tall avatars by Jake Bunce and my Member's Only Avatar addon. Normally they work in desktop mode but once you go into Responsive Mode. It messes them all up.

won't you be able to have it just display:none or something when switching to responsive?

@DRE, this is why you don't upgrade to a beta (unreleased at that) and allow add-on authors time to test and update.

How do you know 1.2 breaks either completely?

won't you be able to have it just display:none or something when switching to responsive?
I thought about that. Since I'm using Arty's Responsive Design I could test it there.

Just haven't had time to do that for my own addon and I know Jake doesn't use Arty's so he could care less until 1.2 is out.

@DRE, this is why you don't upgrade to a beta (unreleased at that) and allow add-on authors time to test and update.

How do you know 1.2 breaks either completely?
Arty's Responsive Design is all the Beta I need. I have wanted to create a fix for my member's only avatar addon with his theme but I think I'll spend that time doing it on the 1.2 beta instead.

Not sure why you would want Large and Tall avatars on responsive anyway. You'll take up half a mobile screen with someone's avatar. That would kind of defeat the purpose of it being responsive in my eyes.

Not sure why you would want Large and Tall avatars on responsive anyway. You'll take up half a mobile screen with someone's avatar. That would kind of defeat the purpose of it being responsive in my eyes.
I don't want large and tall avatars on mobile. What I'm saying is, whenever you go responsive and the screen shrinks, the avatars don't.

Top Bottom