XenForo LiteSpeed Cache [Deleted]

Was the problem in the current add-on or LSCache overall?
Wait for LS 5.0, it would support SPDY 3.1, then it would be faster anyway without cache :)
Right, I'm waiting for LS5.0 too. I think it's got to do the way caching works. I'm not very familiar with how it all works though. The problem appears when I enable the addon. Plus, the LS caching addon requires me to pay $6/mo. Not a big price to pay for the speed; but the issues are keeping me away from it.

Let's wait for the next update.

SPDY and any cache addon/feature is far different.
It's not that different. They both make your website faster, doesn't really matter by what means. Sure, you can use both, but if LSCache does problems, SPDY can give the same, if not better, results.

Right, I'm waiting for LS5.0 too. I think it's got to do the way caching works. I'm not very familiar with how it all works though. The problem appears when I enable the addon. Plus, the LS caching addon requires me to pay $6/mo. Not a big price to pay for the speed; but the issues are keeping me away from it.

Let's wait for the next update.
$6/month even if you pay $115 for the add-on through their website?

Reactions: rdn
There is not much sense paying $20/month. You can make one payment of $350 and own the license without paying monthly, if you think you will use/keep your forum long enough (~18 months to break even). You can also always upgrade to the next license if you need to, just pay the difference.

There is not much sense paying $20/month. You can make one payment of $350 and own the license without paying monthly, if you think you will use/keep your forum long enough (~18 months to break even). You can also always upgrade to the next license if you need to, just pay the difference.
I'd rather keep money in my bank for 18 months and see how my requirements vary over the period of time. Not in favor of shelling out all of that money right away; when I can pay in parts.

I'd rather keep money in my bank for 18 months and see how my requirements vary over the period of time. Not in favor of shelling out all of that money right away; when I can pay in parts.
Sure you do your own decisions, but you aren't really paying in parts since you don't owe the license. If you already paid a year $20/month, it means you could already paid 75% of the license value.

@Slavik Is it normal behavior for new posts not to display on the forum index? For example, there is a delay showing new posts and post times are behind on the forum index (because a cached page is being shown). Whereas, when a user is logged in, they are normal (due to SkipPageCache).

Also, when logging out, the forum index loads, and looks like the user is still logged in, when in fact they aren't.

;)

@Slavik Is it normal behavior for new posts not to display on the forum index? For example, there is a delay showing new posts and post times are behind on the forum index (because a cached page is being shown). Whereas, when a user is logged in, they are normal (due to SkipPageCache).

Also, when logging out, the forum index loads, and looks like the user is still logged in, when in fact they aren't.

;)

Yes thats normal, and will update as regularly as the settings you specify.

Am aware of the logout issue, its a little tricky to fix.

Yes thats normal, and will update as regularly as the settings you specify.

Am aware of the logout issue, its a little tricky to fix.
I see. Thanks :)

I see. Any workarounds? To be honest, I'm not sure why it's showing a cached user page, when SkipPageCache is set?

Top Bottom