XenForo - destroyed by vBulletin?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say that my start with vb was a great experience, and am still happy with my 3.8x sites.

Still haven't pulled the triggger to vb4, can't get motivated to even test it. Which means I'll likely spend more time building content on my IPB site instead.

Invision Power Board has been superior in many ways for quite some time. People like all sorts of things, that's bad reasoning.
I still can't imagine you condemning all vBulletin releases like that, especially since some features in vBulletin were done before they were done in IPB (and vice versa).

Oh dear, you're unlikely to be very impressed with what we do here then.
roflmao
Dude, you haven't noticed?
You coy devil!

PS what happened to that multiquote feature? For a while, once I entered one reply in the reply box I could go ahead and reply to another and it would be added.
Did you decide to remove that or am I missing a button hiding in plain sight?

roflmao
Dude, you haven't noticed?
You coy devil!

PS what happened to that multiquote feature? For a while, once I entered one reply in the reply box I could go ahead and reply to another and it would be added.
Did you decide to remove that or am I missing a button hiding in plain sight?
There wasn't a multiquote feature here yet. :confused:

You can hit Reply on multiple posts and ti will be added to the QR box but there's nothing like the multi-quote button in the way you're thinking from vB/IPB.

There wasn't a multiquote feature here yet. :confused:

You can hit Reply on multiple posts and ti will be added to the QR box but there's nothing like the multi-quote button in the way you're thinking from vB/IPB.
Oh riiight. Thanks for the reminder. It's a bit non-intuitive for the likes of me. I'm one of the resident crash-test dummies. :cool:

Currently the availability of that function is kind of in the ya just gotta know category aka the secret handshake group.
Maybe a little addition to the mouseover text on the Reply link would help clue people (or remind those of us who need it occasionally) how to make that lil bit of XF multiple replies magic happen.

I'll practice it um, next time!

Invision Power Board has been superior in many ways for quite some time. People like all sorts of things, that's bad reasoning.

I wouldn't say IPB is superior to vB3 (vB4 yes, but not comparably to vB3).

IPB has always felt more bloated then vB3 for me, and much more so then XenForo. Thats just my preference, but I can stand IPB about as long as ~30-40 minutes, and I'll usually stop using it. 

It has been done to death and has been turned into an escaped Zombie who solely wants your brains.
Wait...something is starting to add up with this...

2.jpg

Albert_Wesker_RE5_by_WeskerAlbert.jpg

I knew it! Kier is actually Albert Wesker, a product of the Umbrella Corporation! He's aligned himself with Matt to see this zombie is released to the general public, causing mass VB vs IPB comparison hysteria. But in reality, his plot is to get them to continue to fight long enough to allow the XF virus to spread!

It all makes sense now :eek:

It's unfortunate that little issues such as this:

vb-issue.png
is giving me cramps when trying to do styling with vBulletin.​

Wait...something is starting to add up with this...

2.jpg

Albert_Wesker_RE5_by_WeskerAlbert.jpg

I knew it! Kier is actually Albert Wesker, a product of the Umbrella Corporation! He's aligned himself with Matt to see this zombie is released to the general public, causing mass VB vs IPB comparison hysteria. But in reality, his plot is to get them to continue to fight long enough to allow the XF virus to spread!

It all makes sense now :eek:
+1 for the Resident Evil reference. :)

i believe this is every end-users fear of vBulletin pulling a fast one based on the monsterous vB team vs. micro xF team.

Of course we all want the best, but that only goes far as knowledge and avaliable resources.

I just noticed this topic was created on September 2nd... 7 months later and no major OMG sweep me off my feet releases have been made. Safe to say, XF is the right choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom