XenForo 2.0 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is brilliant news, and I'm really, really looking forward to what new features XF 2.0 will have now we can allow for backwards compatibility breaks :) I would love it if developers can get more features that allow us to work closer to a "modern" workflow - I'm using SASS/Grunt heavily these days and I love how painless they make development. Being able to commit my custom add-ons into their Git repositories without having to symlink the js/, library/ and styles/ folders within would be lovely too..

That said, XF 1.x s still the finest community platform (the forums are but a minor part of my site!) I have ever had the pleasure to work with, the support the quickest and most helpful, and easily the most flexible and powerful platform to build upon. Bravo.

Redactor editor or any, should be easy to include any jQuery plugins there. Microsoft, google and/or, there are other many 3rd party company that give us transliteration services but none of them is easy to integrate with our xenforo editor. For example, I go to at least 15 fine coders here to hire to include this into our xenforo editor. How come all of them got failed!

I look forward to seeing what XF 2.0.0 has to offer... Although I'm dreading having to re-learn how to make addons for it... ;)

is appropriate for a x.X-level release

Surely that should be 'is appropriate for an x.X-level release'?

Liam

Reactions: Jay
Such a great post with good insight. I would love to see if developers could apply to early access with a major release. Signing an NDA wouldn't be an issue of course.

(It would be for those under 18. Unless they allow parent countersignatories.)

Such a great post with good insight. I would love to see if developers could apply to early access with a major release. Signing an NDA wouldn't be an issue of course.
That would definetely be nice and would help with everyone that needs to port larger add ons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom