What is Cloudflare ? How does it help webmasters ?

I've just helped someone else set up cdn77 and it's working really well! Their server is in the US, and I've noticed a big speed increase here in the UK.
htlcdn.webp

Conflict between Cloudflare's RocketLoader and Xenforo.

@damoncloudflare - have you investigated RL+XF conflicts ?

Alright, maybe you can mention somewhere that if they use Cloudflare to make sure to disable Rocket Loader to avoid this problem :p
No, and if you notice - even CloudFlare denotes that RocketLoader is a BETA product and (if I remember correctly) they warn you it may not work with certain things.
BTW, I still can't log in - have you enabled RocketLoader again?
Login is working now - so whatever you have it set on keep it there.

I personally can't because I'm not a JavaScript Engineer. If you do have a problem with Rocket Loader, then you can always file a report here & an engineer will check it out.

Note: Most of the issues we have seen are actually seeing something break in the back end (admin section) of sites, such as editors. If Rocket Loader is negatively impacting something in the admin section, I would recommend setting a PageRule to exclude from CloudFlare.

I personally can't because I'm not a JavaScript Engineer. If you do have a problem with Rocket Loader, then you can always file a report here & an engineer will check it out.

Note: Most of the issues we have seen are actually seeing something break in the back end (admin section) of sites, such as editors. If Rocket Loader is negatively impacting something in the admin section, I would recommend setting a PageRule to exclude from CloudFlare.
Not just admin section is affected by Rocket Loader, even members editor.
Rocket loader is just fine for known js script, like the one from adsense, but not for the xenforo.

Not just admin section is affected by Rocket Loader, even members editor.
Rocket loader is just fine for known js script, like the one from adsense, but not for the xenforo.

The PageRule should help fix this, if the editor url was something like yoursite.com/member/editor. If not, you should file the bug so an engineer can take a look at it.

Maybe CF should have preset page rules for exclusion for known web apps like xenforo, wordpress etc that can be deployed by end user if they want ?

Something we have considered. The problem is that not every site is going to see the same issue with something like Rocket Loader, since there are tons of variables at play relative to JavaScript you may have on the site, so it may not break for every site.

Maybe CF should have preset page rules for exclusion for known web apps like xenforo, wordpress etc that can be deployed by end user if they want ?
Something we have considered. The problem is that not every site is going to see the same issue with something like Rocket Loader, since there are tons of variables at play relative to JavaScript you may have on the site, so it may not break for every site.

A potential option would be to have a Cloudflare Resource item over here.

I have tried Google PSS (page speed service) and i have to say they will make your site super fast, then Cloudflare but they aggressively cache your site on their servers that some styles like my editor didn't have the correct style and font.

Cloudflare has nice and simple features in term of optimizing. But slow and because they are constantly under attack, sites on the free plan are suffering daily. Google PSS will make your site super fast and has much more optimization features but sometimes they will break some of your site.

@damoncloudflare - I have turned off Cloudflare completely. I sent a report of my concern via your contact info on cloud flares website with no response. Anyway, it seems the issue causing my site to act buggy/ sluggish was Cloudflare. Here is the original thread of y issue with error codes screen shots - http://xenforo.com/community/threads/site-is-sluggish-buggy.80029/#post-807530

FYI - I had the default Cloudflare settings set that it came with when I began using Cloudflare. I did try to fiddle around with settings to no avail. The only thing I changed on my end was to upgrade two add ons to the most current versions Featured Threads and Xenmediagallery , but I had just back from vacation and really didn't look at the site thoroughly or notice the buggy issues.

I did have one complaint from one member who was having trouble logging in with Chrome and couldn't see items in the editor. Most members use Tapatalk on my forum, so I rarely see site performance issue complaints.

Last edited:
@damoncloudflare - I have turned off Cloudflare completely. I sent a report of my confer via your contact info on cloud flares website with no response. Anyway, it seems the issue causing my site to act buggy/ sluggish was Cloudflare. Here is the original thread of y issue with error codes screen shots - http://xenforo.com/community/threads/site-is-sluggish-buggy.80029/#post-807530

FYI - I had the default Cloudflare settings set that it came with when I began using Cloudflare. Idid try to fiddle around with settings to no avail. The only thing I changed on my end was to upgrade two add ons to the most current versions Featured Threads and Xenmediagallery , but I had just back from vacation and really didn't look at the site thoroughly or notice the buggy issues.

I did have one complaint from one member who was having trouble logging in with Chrome and couldn't see items in the editor. Most members use Tapatalk on my forum, so I rarely see site performance issue complaints.

Mght be something to do with this triple include on your site
Code:
</script><script async src="//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js"></script><script>
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
</script><script async src="//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js"></script><script>
</script>

These are my settings for Cloudflare, which is working out great for me.
20140810-072300-9tr7z.webp

Hmm, I should try that "Mirage 2" thing, see what it does.

Top Bottom