1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is Cloudflare ? How does it help webmasters ?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Digital Doctor, Jan 25, 2011.

1. SneakyDave

SneakyDave Well-Known Member

FYI, regarding the "Mirage: image resizing" bug that randomly decides to hide images:

2. damoncloudflare

damoncloudflare Active Member

We've filed a bug for the Mirage issue. Pausing CloudFlare can take 5-10 minutes or so to go all the way through. Did you wait that long before checking again?

3. damoncloudflare

I just wanted to highlight that CloudFlare and OpenDNS have teamed up to stop the DNSChanger malware from impacting internet surfers.

Dinh Thanh likes this.
  4. damoncloudflare

Good to hear. Sorry I didn't catch it before making the other post. The image optimization features are still somewhat beta & making tweaks to them as customers report issues to us.

5. bashy

bashy Member

Added to my 3 sites already :)

6. Dinh Thanh

Dinh Thanh Well-Known Member

CloudFlare is better day after day.
    Congrats.

Caelum likes this.
  7. damoncloudflare

Hi Bashy,

Much appreciated. Here's to helping some unknowing net citizens!

Hi Dinh,
    Thanks. And you have been with us for quite some time, both during good and bad. Much appreciated...

Dinh Thanh likes this.
  8. Caelum

Caelum Well-Known Member

What this man said. Currently hosting about a dozen domains on Cloudflare, still loving it. Keep up the good work.

9. Gene Steinberg

Gene Steinberg Well-Known Member

After using CloudFlare for over a month on all our key sites, I see clear improvements in loading times and more traffic. It's also helpful to get warnings when someone's computer is compromised. One of my colleagues got the prompt, and is busy running anti-malware software as a result.

All told, I'm extremely pleased with this service.

10. damoncloudflare

"It's also helpful to get warnings when someone's computer is compromised."

Hi Gene,

Thanks. I wish people realized that there are real reasons a challenge page is thrown up to some visitors...really done for a reason (data sources). A lot of people freak out at times because of the challenge page.

11. damoncloudflare

Much appreciated. And I believe you sent in that suggestion as well (sent it to the engineer...don't know if what you requested is possible...but still sent it along).

Caelum likes this.
  12. AdamD

AdamD Well-Known Member

Decided to try it again with my brother's wordpress site for his landscaping business, the only problem I have is Ipower's domain management apparently doesn't understand or like, the Name servers for cloudflare, hehe

It won't accept the cloudflare Nameservers, stating:

Records for xxxxxxcom could not be updated. The nameserver you chose may not be a valid nameserver. Please verify with the provider and try again

13. damoncloudflare

What are the nameservers in question? I have really only seen this happen if there is a typo in the nameservers when adding at the registrar.

14. FabioCesar

FabioCesar Member

Today I decided to test and install cloudflare in my community, she has access to 95% of Brazil's ... let's see how it behaves.

15. damoncloudflare

16. damoncloudflare

17. damoncloudflare

A couple of quick notes related to CloudFlare:

1. We have released two new datacenters in Atlanta and Sydney (more on the way).
    2. We have also released the ability to purge a single file.

18. whyweprotest

whyweprotest Well-Known Member

Hi damon, figured i'd save you a ticket and ask whether this means there's new IP ranges to be added to the X-Forward-For whitelist.

19. damoncloudflare

No new IPs (would have mentioned that). The full & current list for CloudFlare's IPs.

whyweprotest likes this.
  20. SneakyDave

SneakyDave Well-Known Member

So the single file purge. If I change one css file on my site, I can just have that file deleted/purged from the cache on CloudFlare to have the changes recognized?