• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Virtual Member

Ghetto virtual member = load up a bunch of virtual machines and script some basic actions in AutoIt including periodic logout and login and have at it.

May also be easier to just fake the Members Online Now list and not actually deal with virtual machines or virtual member code.

Ghetto virtual member = load up a bunch of virtual machines and script some basic actions in AutoIt including periodic logout and login and have at it.

May also be easier to just fake the Members Online Now list and not actually deal with virtual machines or virtual member code.
Ooooh. Do you mean edit the Members Online Now template, to include a list a user names?

Then, in the user card, "XXX was last seen yyyy thread" should be static?

Ooooh. Do you mean edit the Members Online Now template, to include a list a user names?

Then, in the user card, "XXX was last seen yyyy thread" should be static?
Honestly I am not sure how exactly you would get the user names in the Members Online Now list, but considering that none of those members will actually be online I don't think it would be necessary to deal with the user card. Who's going to look at the user card anyway.

Honestly I am not sure how exactly you would get the user names in the Members Online Now list, but considering that none of those members will actually be online I don't think it would be necessary to deal with the user card. Who's going to look at the user card anyway.
If the virtual user create a click event on a thread, the views counter will increase. A mod shows who is viewing a thread, virtual user can treat this area too.

If the virtual user create a click event on a thread, the views counter will increase. A mod shows who is viewing a thread, virtual user can treat this area too.
Sure, you can increase the view counter via virtual user. But again, if you are faking it then you could just increase the view counter via an SQL query directly on the database. Heck, you could just cron job that and add X views per day to each thread whether they actually happened or not. ;) That too is probably easier to do than to emulate a virtual user clicking around.

Really at the end of the day none of this really matters, the true measure of a forum is content and the creation of quality content that is relevant to your forum is difficult if not impossible to automate.

Top Bottom