• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

vBulletin 4 Importer To XenForo 1.1

marioman

hi,

after using vbulletin 3 importer built in xenforo 1.1 i get error in attachments step only because using content type in this version

so i get this step from Paul M and make this small addon ( using Paul M stepAttachments with all steps from built in vbulletin 3 importer )

i hope to test it first ( tested in forum with more that 100,000 threads, 600,000 posts and 61,000 attachments file )

[update]

i merged also post thank you importer written by g0rn here

1- unzip file
2- upload folders inside upload to your forum library
3- install addon addon-vb4ToXf11.xml

Test it in backup first

it import:-

- userGroups
- userFields
- users
- privateMessages
- visitorMessages
- forums
- moderators
- threadPrefixes
- threads
- polls
From built in importer

- attachments

From Paul M importer

- postThanks

From g0rn importer

Attachments

Thanks Marioman - On your test import, did all of the thread pre-fixes import correctly? If so I'll have another go at a test import of my forum (takes about 12 hours a pop, so don't want to do it for the hell of it lol)

Dave.

it get all vbulletin 3 built in importer can get
that mean it gets custom user fields and thread prefixes

I just did an import with my test database (no attachments and no prefixes). Everything looks good so far, even the custom profile fields. (y)

Thanks a lot, marioman!

marioman is obviously a busy fella, so I'm going to have a go at importing a copy of our database... near 2m posts on this copy! here we go! lol

I'll let you know how I get on :)

Thanks Marioman - On your test import, did all of the thread pre-fixes import correctly? If so I'll have another go at a test import of my forum (takes about 12 hours a pop, so don't want to do it for the hell of it lol)

Dave.

it's work with me, don't worry
but make sure that vbulletin.php inside your importer folder because this addon use it to import every things except attachments

I tried it on localhost and I get following error while uploading the XML to the server through product add-on manager:

you should upload folders inside upload to your forum/library first

I just did an import with my test database (no attachments and no prefixes). Everything looks good so far, even the custom profile fields. (y)

Thanks a lot, marioman!

congratulations

marioman, I'm so happy :D

The prefixes have all carried over on the threads (didn't work last time on a 'patched' importer), this means after we can finally move over to XF :D

Importing the posts and threads only took 7 and a bit hours lol

marioman, I'm so happy :D

The prefixes have all carried over on the threads (didn't work last time on a 'patched' importer), this means after we can finally move over to XF :D

Importing the posts and threads only took 7 and a bit hours lol
Congratulations :) I'm in the process of performing test upgrade. Everything seems to be working fine till now. Fingers crossed ;)

It's certainly looking good! - Still got some more imports to complete, but everything so far has gone without a hitch :)

worked here, thanks so much for this.

quick question -- is it possible to do an import more than once? would it just skip over the previously imported users and posts? (I want to try to do an initial import now, work on the software, and do another in a couple of days with all the new users and posts that have subsequently signed on while I was working on the 'new' site.)

thanks again

quick question -- is it possible to do an import more than once? would it just skip over the previously imported users and posts?

Repeating the import process will result in duplicated content, including attachments and avatars. Users however will not be duplicated, due to the constraint related to user names.

http://xenforo.com/help/importing/

Take a backup of your "clean" database before doing an import, then you can restore it if required.

Let me confirm: This importer works wonders!

I just dream that it supported vBSEO likes -> xf Likes conversion. Can someone help?

Repeating the import process will result in duplicated content, including attachments and avatars. Users however will not be duplicated, due to the constraint related to user names.

http://xenforo.com/help/importing/

Take a backup of your "clean" database before doing an import, then you can restore it if required.

Thanks Brogan!

Right now i'm just getting started with the process of customizing XF so that it looks somewhat similar to our existing VB site (or else our users will go into cardiac arrest! you change something as small as a shade of blue and some people totally lose it...) I'm working in a development VM for now.

The big issue comes when it is time to roll-out to production -- how do you recommend larger sites handle the move?

Certainly it is easy enough to create a new instance of XF, import my custom templates, and re-import the live DB into the new, live instance. Some things don't seem as easy to export though -- like all the XF settings that were changed via the UI; there's no one XML file or something where all those settings live?

adam

Just to update you, I used this to do a full update on our live site! - We are now free from VB4!!!!!!

For anyone interested, here are some times for the imports :)

ScreenShot2011-11-26at152900.png

The Threads / Posts = over 2m posts :)

Top Bottom