vB4: using the Manage Attachments sucks so bad it gives me physical pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digital Doctor

I hate posting this already. I don't want to complain about vB.
But I have to vent.
[ Manage Attachments ] in vB4 is the most poorly designed "Attachments" engine of all time.
It's indescribable how bad it is.
I'll bet there was a big committee that implemented the [Manage Attachments] in vB4.
And everyone's suggestions were taken into account.

If it ain't broke - Fix it !
If it works ... add needless clicks to slow you down !

tablets.rock.for.business.ipads.are.for.13.year.old.girls.on.the.couch.webp

Xenforo attachments bring me great joy.

I would suggest that feedback on vBulletin is probably better placed on their forum, not here.

While agreeing I'm not entirely sure a certain other forum company actually listens to customers ... probably the constructive comments are drowned out by those wondering exactly what insane asylum the developers over there escaped from.

vB folks should take heart however, they can always move to xenForo :)

I would suggest that feedback on vBulletin software is probably better placed on their forum, not here.
Believe me. We tried. Very hard:

I hate posting this already. I don't want to complain about vB.
But I have to vent.

I forgive you :).

Because you....

[ Manage Attachments ] in vB4 is the most poorly designed "Attachments" engine of all time.
It's indescribable how bad it is.
I'll bet there was a big committee that implemented the [Manage Attachments] in vB4.
And everyone's suggestions were taken into account.

... are absolutely right. As you already agreed on this ;).

I have offered an extensive suggestions/improvement overview to vBulletin overhere: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php/328191-The-Attachment-System. Just look at it and see the approving feedback of customers in that thread. Needless to say that it took Internet Brands forever to at least implement some of my feedback, but you've got to wonder: what is the point of stitching up a system that is terribly thought out/designed/implemented in the first place?! :confused:. This whole 'attachment system' was one of the (many) reasons why I started to seriously doubt vBulletin as a quality product. After founding myself feeling like a constant product advisor / beta tester for months after they pulled their pre-sale pandemonium, wisdom sank in to me and I left the community. Still to this day I feel I paid for a beta product... you just have to look at the horrendous UI/UX of that whole product nowadays (especially compared to XenForo) to realize it's true.

(I realize our venting has not much to do with XenForo, so if a XenMod feels the need to close this thread, I fully understand.)

I do understand the need to vent, and trust me I do understand the frustration.

But if is ok with everyone, I'd rather not go to vB.com. I've spent too much time over there..

Ok, so it sucks, everyone here knows vb4 (and the management structure) sucks. I don't feel this is the place to complain about vbulletin. Let's not forget that most members here are here because of vb failings and we want to talk about xf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom