User promotions not displaying all members

Europhoric

We have a large board with over 3000+ members and have run into a problem where after we created a new usergroup promotion, they would only be applied to a select few number of users, rather than all of them.

For example, we had about 2000 members to which we wanted to promote by creating a user group promotion with the only requirement of being part of the registered usergroup and being 'valid'. It would only select approximately 578 users total.

There was no reason for this to be happening, I even tried different requirements (just usergroup) or other parameters but it would consistently top out at a certain point. I had to resort to running a manual SQL query to promote my users, but having similar problems once again with awarding trophies. Is there some kind of timeout occuring that prevents all users from being selected?

Have the members been active within the last 72 hours?

Only recently active members will be upgraded each time the cron ask runs.

The same applies to trophies.

I wasn't aware of this fact. I believe that could of been the issue. Is there any kind of override that can be applied, as it makes it a hassle when you are trying to apply awards to all your users at once.

Can you offer any suggestions?

It's designed to work like that, to spread it out over time rather than having x thousand transactions at once.

Paul, could you clarify this statement above? There's two possible explanations, as far as I see.

1) The promotion of people who visited during the last 3 days will happen at random intervals to spread the transactions over time.
2) The promotion only handles the people who were active in the last 3 days (as opposed to all users), in order to thus spread things out over time.

I assume it's 2, but wanted to make sure.

We're seeing some issues with the promotions at a site at the moment, and cannot figure out what's going on. It's people who have been active very recently, meet the criteria, and yet, still the cron job does not pick them up.

People how have have been online are not getting promotions or trophy upgrades. A small number are but most are not.

Both promotions and trophies only process users who have been active in the last 24 hours. It also only processes valid users (not moderated or awaiting email confirmation) and users who are not banned. Beyond that you may just have to wait for the cron to run. If you are feeling impatient then you can manually run the cron:

Admin CP -> Tools -> Cron Entries

Both promotions and trophies only process users who have been active in the last 24 hours. It also only processes valid users (not moderated or awaiting email confirmation) and users who are not banned. Beyond that you may just have to wait for the cron to run. If you are feeling impatient then you can manually run the cron:

Admin CP -> Tools -> Cron Entries

I have run the cron several times. I have run it about three times I think today.

What I have going on is people online are meantioning not having access. We have been changing over people manually who say something. Here is a link where my members are talking about it. We thought we had some ideas but they didn't work.

http://edcforums.com/threads/buy-sell-trade-forum.94093/page-5#post-1182366

What I have going on is people online are meantioning not having access.

Oh. It's a permission problem? If the user is a member of the promoted group then you know the promotion is working. But perhaps the permissions are wrong for that group. Just guessing.

Double check your permissions. Or I can take a look if you are comfortable giving me an admin login.

Oh. It's a permission problem? If the user is a member of the promoted group then you know the promotion is working. But perhaps the permissions are wrong for that group. Just guessing.

Double check your permissions. Or I can take a look if you are comfortable giving me an admin login.

That's not what is happening. I will explain. We have two things going on. We have the trophies and the promotions. We have made one of the trophy levels match the name of the promotion group. On some the trophy has been granted but the promotion system has not moved them to the secondary user group. On some people the trophy has not been granted either.

I have been manually moving some to the secondary user group. What we find odd is that it does pick up a couple each time every few hours on it's own but we have people we have been watching that are not being picked up at all by the cron job.

I will send you a message.

Thanks a bunch

I still can’t get the promotions to work.

I have members that were logged in today with over 100 posts and have been with the forum for over a year and I can’t the the promotion to work with them.
We are trying to continue something we had going on since 2006. We had it working when we were on SMF and vB4 so I want to try and avoid changing things.

I have tried the following.

`1. 15 post requiement 30 days as a member.
Privileges and Status: User state Valid

User Groups Registered.
Ran the cron job and the guys on my list where not changed.

2. 15 post 30 days
Privileges and Status: User state Valid

User Groups All

Ran the cron job and it didn’t pick up those members.

3. 15 posts
Privileges and Status User state valid
User Groups registered
Ran cron job and it didn’t pick up those members.

4. 15 posts
User Groups all
Ran cron job, it didn’t pick up those members.

5. I did things different. I looked at who was online, found some people with over 100 posts and had been with the forum for over a year.
Privileges and Status online.
15 posts 30 days
User group all
Ran cron job
It didn’t pick up the members

6. 5. I did things different. I looked at who was online, found some people with over 100 posts and had been with the forum for over a year.
Privileges and Status online.
15 posts
User group all
Ran cron job
It didn’t pick up the members

What setting should I have if I want to pick up existing members that have been online with over 100 posts when I have a 15 post requirement for the user group promotion. I would rather keep the 30 days but I can give them up if I have to.

not as important but possibly related.

There are several 100 post members that were logged in today that are not getting picked up by the trophy system on a 15 post requirement.

Any idea what is going on.

I am about to have a member revolt.... They are asking why almost none of them are getting promoted. HELP! It is not working.

It is not because the members have not been on the board yet, they have been on.

The issue is fixed now and payment was sent for the work as promised.

It involved running a query that took the few that got promoted plus everyone else than the was not promoted. The way I understand it the forum thought they all had already been promoted so was not going to do it again.

Top Bottom