Upgrading Server

Yeah, those mysql and mysqli extensions in PHP are what need to be upgraded. The theory is that the mysql extensions in your PHP installation are buggy. I don't have a specific version to recommend... just the latest stable version.

There is not a specific bug we have identified here. It's just process of elimination. I debugged this problem for another customer once. I verified that the data is correct in XenForo up to the point when the query is handed to MySQL. Then for some reason the query doesn't write the correct information.

Also, it's important to realize that the nature of the unserialize() error you posted is that the information in the database is corrupt (corrupted by this alleged bug in mysql). So the error will still exist on your forum even after the mysql problem is fixed. You could restore a backup from before the error started, or it should be safe to run this query to clear the registry:

Code:
TRUNCATE TABLE xf_data_registry;

All of the registry entries should be automatically rebuilt on the next page load. And if the bug is fixed at the point then the data should be written correctly which will fix the error. But please backup before doing this.

one quick thing you can try is to delete the required records from xf_data_registry which are:

'options', 'languages', 'contentTypes', 'codeEventListeners', 'cron', 'simpleCache'

Try deleting them one-by-one until the problem goes away. These records should be automatically rebuilt upon the next page load.
Can we get a confirmation that deleting the above records from data_registry will just cause the Core to rebuild them? What will be in (say, simpleCache) when it gets rebuilt?

XenForo_Dependencies_Abstract::preLoadData

At runtime it preloads registry records and rebuilds them if they are missing.

Rebuilding simpleCache entries is the responsibility of individual addons that use it. For example, the NodesAsTabs addon does this.

Top Bottom