XF 1.1 upgraded to 1.1.3 from 1.1.2 Double Alerts

cynthetiq

I'm now getting double alerts for some users.

What can I try to figure out what the issue is or how to rectify it?

Are any specific alerts doubled? Or is it all of them?

An addon or style problem are both possibilities. Try to reproduce the problem with your addons disabled and when using the default style.

I've asked people to take screenshots of their. I

Style is just CSS differences, so I'd think that wouldn't make a difference would it? I do use the normal template for one non-discussion forum and my CSS adjusted forum for everything else. Can I rebuild the templates again?

Addon's are always suspect to me when upgrading.

Okay, I'll try that, since normally I have the upgrade start on it's own when I log into the admin screen, how do I kick it off again?

I have some better understanding as to what is happening.

someone quotes a post, person gets an alert saying that they were quoted.
person likes the post that has the quote, person gets an alert saying they were quoted.

Okay, some templates state they are outdated using the tool.

Which one affects alerts?

Code:
Default Style
help_bb_codes Custom Version: 1.0.4, Master Version: 1.1.0 Beta 4
PAGE_CONTAINER Custom Version: 1.0.4, Master Version: 1.1.0 Beta 3
TFP Green
discussion_list.css Custom Version: 1.0.2, Master Version: 1.1.2
EWRporta.css Custom Version: 1.3.9, Master Version: 1.4.3
message.css Custom Version: 1.0.2, Master Version: 1.1.0 Alpha
message_user_info Custom Version: 1.0.2, Master Version: 1.1.0 Beta 4
sidebar.css Custom Version: 1.0.2, Master Version: 1.1.0 Alpha
thread_list_item Custom Version: 1.0.4, Master Version: 1.1.0 Beta 3

Start by creating a new style. Test it on the new (uncustomized) style. If the problem goes away then you know it's a style problem, then you can begin troubleshooting templates.

sure. I just found the url in my history to do the rebuild. I think that got it working again because someone just got an alert for a like and a quote. I didn't realize that previously it was all quotes, no like nor replies.

FYI for others, it appears to be a flood check problem resulting in double posts (which then of course can result in double alerts). Probably a race condition resulting in multiple submissions (like mushing the submit button) or a spotty internet connection resulting in multiple submissions. This is only possible when the poster is not subject to the flood check.

Admin CP -> Home -> Options -> Messages -> Minimum Time Between Messages

Admin CP -> Users -> List User Groups -> [click a group] -> Bypass flood check

In my testing double posting is prevented by the flood check.

No one has bypass flood check.

It also wouldn't explain why this happens.

Here's more info from a user:

I haven't read back, but if you 'like' a post where the other user quoted you, you receive another 'you were quoted' notification.

I've got one more person with this same problem now. I have referred him to this thread. Maybe you two can compare notes... try to find something in common that could be causing this such as the same addon, same host, etc. I will ask him to post here.

We currently us Linode as our host. Server images are builds by my sysadmin.

I have noticed yet another strange anomoly, some older entries have been edited by "no one" meaning that the "edited by" and there are no edits to the entry. It's happened at least 3 times, and it is one of the quote duplicate alerts.

Interesting. I was starting to suspect Tapatalk because one heavy user was complaining about posting and I was looking at some of the errors I got a one time posting on the board which were tapatalk related errors which I thought was strange. I think I captured it somewhere/somehow because it's not like me to just meh and click it off screen.

I'll try that when I get home.

Top Bottom