Titan Punch - Titanfall Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Russ

Hey everyone :), another personal project coming at you. Titan Punch is a site all about Titanfall the new game coming out. I know there's a few communities out there on XenForo that are doing freaking great, but we're all about new adventure when it comes to trying things.

This post is probably rather pre-mature since there's tons of work to be done however since @Steve F and I are working on this in our free time we wanted to jump start it.
titanpunch2.webp
titanpunch.webp

We're actually looking for enthusiast of Titanfall to come on board and help out, whether it's just being super active on the forums or actually writing some content for the front page.

Few things to note:

• Style using Core + our XenBase Framework(Latest 1.3 dev build)
  • Home Page using Extra Portal(Can't beat it (y) )
  • XenTags
  • Widget Framework heavily(tags in the footer via the framework)
  • Modern Stats
  • New logo is being created
  • @xfrocks bd rotating for the little fancy header.

So if you're fans of the game, join up :D, we need the help to get off the ground. Also we have @Chris D contest plugin which we'll throw up soon to give out some prizes.

Thanks everyone :D

Looks really slick Russ, really liking what you've done with the headar and sub navigation.

This looks great and TitanFall certainly looks like a growth market. Smart of you to get in.

Tags can do wonders for SEO, which will be crucial in what will, I'm sure, be a rapidly changing market. Are you using a predetermined list of tags that users can choose from, or may individual members create new tags that don't exist yet. With Panda and to preserve PageRank, there seems to be some benefit in curating tag lists. I'd be curious to know how you folks are approaching this.

So far so good, I will have a few more individuals that I know are hyped for titanfall join and be active as well :)

Nice site! :)

That's the first time that I've seen "Extra Portal" displayed on a live site. I want to know how to accomplish the same thing, because from the extra portal site, I couldn't really see what all the hype was about. Now that I've seen it, I want to do some testing to get it to display the way I see it can be accomplished.

By the way, I keep seeing this "latest thread" tab box at multiple sites now - which plugin/widget is that? I'd love to accomplish that on my site.

nice clean look, well done.

btw the steam button doesnt look aligned in the login overlay.

Ya it's using an image for now, I'll replace it with some CSS I think soon.

Thanks (y)

So far so good, I will have a few more individuals that I know are hyped for titanfall join and be active as well :)

Really appreciate it, it's hard starting a forum brand new off the ground so all the help is really appreciated.

This looks great and TitanFall certainly looks like a growth market. Smart of you to get in.

Tags can do wonders for SEO, which will be crucial in what will, I'm sure, be a rapidly changing market. Are you using a predetermined list of tags that users can choose from, or may individual members create new tags that don't exist yet. With Panda and to preserve PageRank, there seems to be some benefit in curating tag lists. I'd be curious to know how you folks are approaching this.

I'm no SEO expert to be completely honest :), I liked it from a design stand-point and usability.

Looks good sir. (y)

Thank you very much :)

Nice site! :)

That's the first time that I've seen "Extra Portal" displayed on a live site. I want to know how to accomplish the same thing, because from the extra portal site, I couldn't really see what all the hype was about. Now that I've seen it, I want to do some testing to get it to display the way I see it can be accomplished.

By the way, I keep seeing this "latest thread" tab box at multiple sites now - which plugin/widget is that? I'd love to accomplish that on my site.

Extra Portal is simply meant to keep it clean and easy to use. Aside from a minor CSS change and some extra html(top blocks) it's stock Extra Portal. Supported and easy to use.

Extra Portal is simply meant to keep it clean and easy to use. Aside from a minor CSS change and some extra html(top blocks) it's stock Extra Portal. Supported and easy to use.
*Slaps Russ' head* That's not what I meant! I meant that your site is powered by Extra Portal, and it's showing CMS-like articles. Makes me understand what it is, then I check the Extra Portal site again and found that they do this CMS article system, too. So, now I'm going to do some testing. :D

OOoooooOOoOoOooOoOoOhhh...... I loooove that sidebar! Is that accomplished through this extra portal? Very robust, if so! :)

Which one? Contests page? If so that's the stock contests page.

Extra portal relies on widget framework for the sidebar(which is why we love it since we use widget framework around the site heavily usually.

Looking pretty cool ! Have you checked your site through ipad i think i noticed something earlier will check it again and try to post screenshot.

Looking pretty cool ! Have you checked your site through ipad i think i noticed something earlier will check it again and try to post screenshot.

Responsive is a work in progress especially the message area, we should have it looking right by tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom