Techno Nook

haincha

Hello all, just switched to Xenforo yesterday. I was able to sell my vBulletin license to someone who didn't know vBulletin is irrelevant now.

But, that all said. My website is http://www.technonook.com The style is something I ported over from a vB theme I had purchased. Figured, I paid for it. Might as well use it. But, it's pretty basic. I have been fixing any issues that come up and styling issues as I find them.

I would very much appreciate any feedback on my forum/portal.

Nice style. Not normally a fan of blues but i'm liking this blue. nice job.

just a minor issue i see with the tablinks text when you hover they jump. To fix this you could apply the following in the extra.css template.You may not need to use the !important.

Code:
.navTabs .navTab.selected .tabLinks a:hover, .navTabs .navTab.selected .tabLinks a:focus { padding: 1px 10px !important;}

Awesome! Thanks for that. I was noticing that too. I am having one other issue I can't seem to track down. When you hover over links in threads they get a big radius box around them with an awful shadow.

Awesome! Thanks for that. I was noticing that too. I am having one other issue I can't seem to track down. When you hover over links in threads they get a big radius box around them with an awful shadow.

Go into Appearance >> Style Properties >> Message Elements >> User generated Link (hover) and remove the background colour and image gradient.

in the same area in my previous post add the following css to the additional css box

Code:
box-shadow: none;

Sorry, i misread your post about the box-shadow that will remove it.

box-shadow-none.webp

That didn't work either. I did end up finding the culprit, though.
Code:
.emCtrl:hover,
        .emCtrl:focus,
        .ugc a:hover,
        .ugc a:focus
        {
            /*position: relative;
            top: -1px;*/
            text-decoration: none;
            box-shadow: 5px 5px 7px #CCCCCC;
            outline: 0 none;
        }

That box-shadow needed to go. I really appreciate the help, though. It is pretty awesome how this community helps each other out.

That didn't work either. I did end up finding the culprit, though.
Code:
.emCtrl:hover,
        .emCtrl:focus,
        .ugc a:hover,
        .ugc a:focus
        {
            /*position: relative;
            top: -1px;*/
            text-decoration: none;
            box-shadow: 5px 5px 7px #CCCCCC;
            outline: 0 none;
        }

That box-shadow needed to go. I really appreciate the help, though. It is pretty awesome how this community helps each other out.

That's strange it worked for me. Anyhow, glad you got it sorted and your forum is looking good. You might want to style the breadcrumbs (i'm sure that was already on your todo list). :)

Yea, I have been taking it one step at a time. Like I said, I just bought Xenforo yesterday. It has been quite a whirlwind past few days. Between styling the forum and writing content, I have been busy.

Honestly, I can't think of a good way to theme it. Since I was new to Xenforo I pretty much used Chromes built in Inspect Element, getting the information and then searching templates. Not the best approach, but it has worked out fairly well. I keep coming across small things here and there.

Yea, I have been taking it one step at a time. Like I said, I just bought Xenforo yesterday. It has been quite a whirlwind past few days. Between styling the forum and writing content, I have been busy.

Honestly, I can't think of a good way to theme it. Since I was new to Xenforo I pretty much used Chromes built in Inspect Element, getting the information and then searching templates. Not the best approach, but it has worked out fairly well. I keep coming across small things here and there.

Well for buying the software yesterday you're off to a great start on styling. Few things here and there Shelley pointed out some good ones but it's looking nice :)

Any css edits you need to make use the EXTRA.css template. That will save you a whole lot of time when it comes to upgrading as the template is never overwritten during an upgrade. Obviously any html edits you have to make will result in templates needing to be edit but for css 99% if not all the style properties and EXTRA.css is good for any css changes. You'll be thankful for it when you upgrade your style when an update comes and it takes you a few minutes to update your style. :)

Ah hadn't realised you just purchased it so soon. You'll soon get to grips with it and for a days progress you've done really well.

Oh no... I have barely used that. I have edited every single css file I could find... It won't be terrible, keep a copy on my localhost for theming purposes.

Hello all, just switched to Xenforo yesterday. I was able to sell my vBulletin license to someone who didn't know vBulletin is irrelevant now.

But, that all said. My website is http://www.technonook.com The style is something I ported over from a vB theme I had purchased. Figured, I paid for it. Might as well use it. But, it's pretty basic. I have been fixing any issues that come up and styling issues as I find them.

I would very much appreciate any feedback on my forum/portal.
I like the design and everything on the site with the exception of one thing which I'm hoping is only limited due to me being a guest, which incase you should fix up a bit. It kind of turned me away, as I just referenced, the limited views I see on the forum list, I hope that's not all of your categories! If it's not, you need to let guests see more, all I just saw was a small forum which gave me no reason to sign up under, even though the portal looked pretty informal.

Well, that is actually all I have right now. :( I didn't want to litter the node page with tons of discussion areas right away. I was looking to add them as needed. It would make my forum even more barren. I want the topics I currently have to have activity.

Do you have any suggestions on topics you would like to see? Or things that would possibly get people interested? I am all for ideas. So far I just have a few friends that post when they can, which is not often, sadly.

Well, that is actually all I have right now. :( I didn't want to litter the node page with tons of discussion areas right away. I was looking to add them as needed. It would make my forum even more barren. I want the topics I currently have to have activity.

Do you have any suggestions on topics you would like to see? Or things that would possibly get people interested? I am all for ideas. So far I just have a few friends that post when they can, which is not often, sadly.
Well haincha, PM me and we can discuss of what I think you should add, but you should surely look into adding more topics, if they have posts or not. What people look in forums for are not only for content, but for selection. You need to have the category the people want so they can post there, if they see your forum is fairly new, well, yeah, we all start there at some point.

Top Bottom