Implemented Thread Tagging

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Absolutely needed and essential, but please include a tag manager that can simplify managing tens of thousands of tags. I currently have 25.000 tags and its a hazard to manage in vb.
Whats also of major important with tags, is not to confuse them with keywords. Tags should include both keywords and keyphrases. Some tag systems only allow words, which simply doesn't work well. In such systems phrases are cut into words, which results in unwanted effects.
I use tags to sort and display related content. Tags allow display of threads in a manner similar to opening a dedicated forum for those. The number of forums you can have is limited (at least in vb). The number of tags is not limited. And tags work across content types, which is a huge benefit.

I would LOVE this ability. I think I will do myself (tag and sub system) since that I suppose we will not see it soon.

Howver @DEVS, do any kind of tag framework exist?

Most likely will be a mod, I would think.
It's a nice feature, but not essential.
Would be very useful, IMO, over here for the bug reporting forum as we cannot search by tags easily when manual tags are added as sometimes they are labelled using different words but mean the same thing.

yes, unfortunately my users never loved this feature ...

I guess on it depends on how the tagging system is done ... what I would like to see for example is something similar to how YouTube works where you have

similar content to the right when you do a search ... this kind of feature imho would be extremely useful. This feature has helped YouTube become one of the top internet sites and will help many

forums become more useful. :)

I guess on it depends on how the tagging system is done ... what I would like to see for example is something similar to how YouTube works where you have

similar content to the right when you do a search ... this kind of feature imho would be extremely useful. This feature has helped YouTube become one of the top internet sites and will help many

forums become more useful. :)
This would make tagging infinitely more useful.

Top Bottom