Lack of interest [SUGGESTION] Smilies shown/Expanded

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Edrondol

I added a bunch of smilies to my site and they stretch WAY down the page. Is there going to be a max amount of smilies shown and the ability to expand to see more? Like it will show 10 and then have a "see all" that pops up?

Upvote 3
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I don't know if anyone else has run into this, but I moved my forum over from VB4 were I had alot -- over 100 smilies. moving those over to XF makes the editors smilie menu unacceptably long. I would be great if the after the first dozen smilies there was "more" button that would open a new window or an ajax smilie picker.

I've attached a screen shot so you see what problem look like.
xf_smilie.webp

As i noticed smilies dropdown menu is vertical can we have it tweaked little bit and make it work like this as shown in image below .

Box can have 8-12 default smilies shown and rest can go to show more pop up page or something.

example.webp

This would be great for everyone . Hope this will be considered and make it happen in next upcoming update.

Thanks
iPwN

There's already a suggestion on this so I will merge the threads as they are essentially asking for the same thing.

As i noticed smilies dropdown menu is vertical can we have it tweaked little bit and make it work like this as shown in image below .

Box can have 8-12 default smilies shown and rest can go to show more pop up page or something.

View attachment 5420

This would be great for everyone . Hope this will be considered and make it happen in next upcoming update.

Thanks
iPwN

I'm liking it! :D

So, I just added about 150 smilies to one of my forums I'm setting up. When I click the smilie icon while making a message, the dropdown is about 2500 pixels long with all the smilies in it.

Am I missing a setting somewhere that limits the amount in that dropdown and adds a 'show all' link, or is this not an option?

If it isn't an option, it really needs to be added.

Nope you didn't miss anything, there isn't one. And I do agree. It's been suggested more than a few times.

so it has been, lol. I searched before I posted this thread, and just now realized I searched for Smelies instead of smilies which would be why I didn't see them...oops

Ha that's ok! I only mentioned it because there are a lot of us who want this small but important (to us) feature.

I'm sure once the devs get around to focusing on the smiley manger we will see some significant improvements. There is a happyplace smiley mod available that is better than using the dreaded dropdown menu of death http://xenforo.com/community/threads/the-happy-place-clickable-smilies-under-editor-control.8229/

I have that installed, only issue with it is it leaves the standard dropdown there still. I tried removing the default one and it made the happyplace mod stop working

Top Bottom