Implemented Attachments for PC

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
On other forums with basic PM functionality, it's not that big of a deal. But here on XenForo, Personal Conversations are so much different (and better). PCs open a large window of opportunity to allow collaboration amongst a few members within the forum, and that alone increases the need for attachments.

I say attachments are a greater need in PCs than they are in PMs.

On other forums with basic PM functionality, it's not that big of a deal. But here on XenForo, Personal Conversations are so much different (and better). PCs open a large window of opportunity to allow collaboration amongst a few members within the forum, and that alone increases the need for attachments.

I say attachments are a greater need in PCs than they are in PMs.

I already agreed to the need of attachment but what you said makes me agree even more :D

Storage limits become much more important with attachments there, as there's no way for admins to get into that data. (Well, other than through the DB/FS.)

I don't understand the problem. Why it would not be possible to restrict the attachment quota for PMs?
Or am I wrong somehow?

I didn't say it'd be hard to implement, though the approach is an interesting question. I was simply pointing at that storage limiting is very important if you can attach things to PCs.

Would it be possible to set a storage limit per user?
In terms of kb/MB I mean.

That could either be just for PC, for forum threads or both.

Well, if the attachment system is abstracted in a nice way, you would get attachments anywhere that you can use bbcode.

I didn't say it'd be hard to implement, though the approach is an interesting question. I was simply pointing at that storage limiting is very important if you can attach things to PCs.

Ok, well it makes sense to have some limits on a usergroup level eg.

Would it be possible to set a storage limit per user?
In terms of kb/MB I mean.

That could either be just for PC, for forum threads or both.

Oh and I'm interested how to set limits with Xenforo - I really don't like to convert MBs in Bytes for various quotas.

It would be good if that user just had a storage limit, but also if they could reference attachments across many PC's... wouldn't want to use up all of your Quota by uploading the same file to a few PC's

Though this does definitely get my vote for attachments in PC's :D

The ability to have attachments to personal conversations would be a *huge* plus. Currently people trade their email addresses and do everything by email when they want to exchange attachments privately, or semi privately in a small group.

I was just wondering if you could add PM Attachment Support? I have been looking for a solid product to offer this feature, however, the only product I could find was IPB.

Please let me know.

Thanks

I would really enjoy the idea of adding small/medium sized attachments.

Storage limits become much more important with attachments there, as there's no way for admins to get into that data. (Well, other than through the DB/FS.)

I'm not sure if I understand, but I think what you are saying is that since PC/PM's are "Private" there is no way for admins to actually see what is attached?

How about just implementing a "Purge PC attachments over 'x' months old" button or cron?

Apologies if I misunderstood :)

Since I am liable for what happens on my board and I wouldn't know what's going on behind closed doors it should be disengageable.

Top Bottom