Resource icon

Sticky First Post 1.0

No permission to download
So, would #1 leave the sig in his first post on the first page? Or is that difficult or impossible?
No, it would remove it from the first post as well. I should be ale to make it into an option, so it remains on the first post but is removed from subsequent pages.

So all thread pages will have the same meta description for this?
<meta name="description" content="Description"/>
Yes, although, I do get your point and could make it so that pages after the first one will take the second post on that page's content as description.

Suggestion if not already done - a setting in the options or permissions to "set only in threads over X pages" might be a neat enhancement!

Thanks for doing this one! Not sure if my users will use it (taking a poll now), but it's great!

Suggestion if not already done - a setting in the options or permissions to "set only in threads over X pages" might be a neat enhancement!

Thanks for doing this one! Not sure if my users will use it (taking a poll now), but it's great!
Possible for future update.

nice one, many thanks.
idea for improvement: Option to collapse first post (easy jquery toggle for example) on page 2nd+ so you still see the initial one but limited to xy characters. At the moment it may end up in endless scrolling when you read through pages. Cookie support to remember the toggle would be nice.

ok I am lost...
I installed this and from Options > Sticky First Posts > I pic all the forums (because I want to use this feature in all forums) but guess what first post is not showing on any other page except first page :(
then I went to user group setting and enabled only option to YES that gave me an option where I can manually select "first post sticky" then it works.

How can I make first post sticky to all forums without giving an option to user to have it turn off... ?

This addon does not want to be uninstalled (it times out) and when I tried to reinstall it so that I can uninstall it again it timed out again. So I hit back and tried again and got this error
Rebuilding Caches...
An error occurred or the request was stopped.

Uninstalling for now.

Last edited:
Hello
Thank you for this Add-on but it is not working with version 1.2.0x
Code:
Argument 1 passed to StickyFirstPost_DataWriter_Discussion_Thread::_discussionPostSave() must be an array, none given, called in /library/XenForo/DataWriter/Discussion.php on line 441 and defined
XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in StickyFirstPost/DataWriter/Discussion/Thread.php at line 20
StickyFirstPost_DataWriter_Discussion_Thread->_discussionPostSave() in XenForo/DataWriter/Discussion.php at line 441
XenForo_DataWriter_Discussion->_postSave() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1397
XenForo_DataWriter->save() in XenForo/ControllerPublic/Thread.php at line 943
XenForo_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionSave() in StickyFirstPost/ControllerPublic/Thread.php at line 71
StickyFirstPost_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionSave() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 337
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /*****/index.php at line 13
Update it please:)
alkahf

Hello
Thank you for this Add-on but it is not working with version 1.2.0x
Code:
Argument 1 passed to StickyFirstPost_DataWriter_Discussion_Thread::_discussionPostSave() must be an array, none given, called in /library/XenForo/DataWriter/Discussion.php on line 441 and defined
XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in StickyFirstPost/DataWriter/Discussion/Thread.php at line 20
StickyFirstPost_DataWriter_Discussion_Thread->_discussionPostSave() in XenForo/DataWriter/Discussion.php at line 441
XenForo_DataWriter_Discussion->_postSave() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1397
XenForo_DataWriter->save() in XenForo/ControllerPublic/Thread.php at line 943
XenForo_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionSave() in StickyFirstPost/ControllerPublic/Thread.php at line 71
StickyFirstPost_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionSave() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 337
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /*****/index.php at line 13
Update it please:)
alkahf

I'm quite sure Moz is not active which he announced some months ago.

try edit library/StickyFirstPost/DataWriter/Discussion/Thread.php
find:
PHP:
    protected function _discussionPostSave(array $messages)
    {
        parent::_discussionPostSave($messages);
        $threadId = $this->get('thread_id');
        XenForo_Application::set('last_thread',$threadId);
    }
and change it to:
PHP:
    protected function _discussionPostSave()
    {
        parent::_discussionPostSave();
        $threadId = $this->get('thread_id');
        XenForo_Application::set('last_thread',$threadId);
    }

New version for XenForo 1.2+ without post stylize (stylization crash message layots, not compatible with resource manager), no TMS required
addon with russian and english installers, and language packs attached in 'language' folder
Does this version modified the meta tags? (Change meta description on each page after first page to second post on page's content.)

Top Bottom