Steam Authentication & Integration

Steam Authentication & Integration 1.6.3

No permission to download
'3736353631313938303336373934343738', That should be my 64ID key. It should match the community ID on my profile but it doesn't.
http://steamidfinder.com/ - Says invalid ID, my actual 64bit ID is '76561198036794478'.

That's not right at all. To clarify, are you running the following query?

Code:
SELECT provider_key FROM xf_user_external_auth WHERE user_id = <your XF user id number> AND provider = 'steam';

Also are you running XenForo 1.3.0+?

I haven't updated my plugin yet from the original version that ran on SMF. I'm running 1.3.2 which is the latest version according to the panel customer panel.

I haven't updated my plugin yet from the original version that ran on SMF. I'm running 1.3.2 which is the latest version according to the panel customer panel.

Wait a second. Original version on SMF? Did you migrate from SMF to XenForo? Not that it should have any bearing, unless you're trying to migrate its steam data to XenForo or something.

Could you also give the results of that query I posted earlier from your database for your XF user ID? I want to see what you get back as a result verbatim.

Code:
SELECT provider_key FROM xf_user_external_auth WHERE user_id = <your XF user id number> AND provider = 'steam';

Last edited:
There is no 'steam' under the 'provider' column, just '737465616d' which should be 'steam'. I have converted anything over yet, fresh installation.

Last edited:
A problem that I see with this is that the steam status in the message info and in the top right of the message only shows once. Ie if i make 2 posts the steam stuff shows in the first post but any other post in the same thread just shows a blank rectangle

If I understand what you're talking about, this is listed as a known issue.

8) Known Issues / Fixes

SteamProfile not loading after quick reply or editing a post

This is an issue with how XenForo loads this content. I'll have to look into this further and see if there is a fix. There is no known method at this time.

The way XenForo dynamically loads the quick post into the thread breaks the display of SteamProfile until you refresh the page. It should only happen on quick posts and inline post editing (and it's local to the poster alone, nobody else sees it broken). After the poster refreshes the page, everything should be rendered correctly.

We got a problem after activating Steam Auth add-on.
If you look at the screens I provided in this post you will see that everything is fine on forum home, but when opening a thread the navtab (top) is broken.

Screen #1 (Forum_list)
screenshot-inthegame.nl 2014-06-08 15-28-10.webp

Screen #2 (In thread)
screenshot-inthegame.nl 2014-06-08 15-29-39.webp

Please advise?

Hey Helldon,

I can't register on your forums to see the issue. I'm getting a 504 Gateway Time-out error. Could you enable the steam features for guests in permissions so I can see what's going on? Post back here when you've done that.

Thanks.

This goes for anyone having layout problems in the future as well: If you want me to troubleshoot it, please have your steam stuff visible to guests if possible. This helps speed up the process.

Unfortunately Creaky, I don't know that for sure. @Adam Howard might though. Maybe this will summon his presence. ;)
Sadly, Steam does require you to purchase at least 1 game before they allow you to use their API. There use to be away around this, but sadly that's no longer the case (unless someone knows something).

However, it can be any Steam game. I bought one of their sale price games for $3 and that was good enough.

Sadly, Steam does require you to purchase at least 1 game before they allow you to use their API. There use to be away around this, but sadly that's no longer the case (unless someone knows something).

However, it can be any Steam game. I bought one of their sale price games for $3 and that was good enough.

Thanks, I'll give it a go and see what happens.

Hey Helldon,

I can't register on your forums to see the issue. I'm getting a 504 Gateway Time-out error. Could you enable the steam features for guests in permissions so I can see what's going on? Post back here when you've done that.

Thanks.

This goes for anyone having layout problems in the future as well: If you want me to troubleshoot it, please have your steam stuff visible to guests if possible. This helps speed up the process.

Done for now, please check and you will see the issue. (Issue is only when watching in-thread)
Could you also mention If you checked it, so I can disable it again for guests.

Thanks for your help in advance mate!

Btw: You did register on our forums under the name Lazer?

Last edited:
Top Bottom