1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Browser Issue Spell checker not working properly

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by TylerK10, Mar 28, 2011.

1. TylerK10

TylerK10 Member

I'm using the latest version of Safari on the latest version of OS X. The spellchecker does not seem to work properly, as seen in the screenshot: Screen shot 2011-03-28 at 3.44.07 PM.png
  2. Vincent

Vincent Well-Known Member

I doubt this is an xF Issue
  3. Rudy

Rudy Well-Known Member

Right-click, right? The spell checker is a browser function.
  4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Whilst this is built-in browser functionality, there may be something that can be done to get it working in the editor.

Therefore I'll leave this here for Mike or Kier to decide.
  5. TylerK10

TylerK10 Member

Regardless of what causes it, can anyone duplicate the problem?
  6. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

I can't reproduce this on Windows. Kier was able to reproduce it on and off on OS X, but I believe this is unfortunately a browser bug.
  7. XBones

XBones Member

Yes it is. Spell checking works perfectly in vB.x and always has.

In xF sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. For example...when a word is spelled incorrectly the lines appears (sometimes) and the word is hi lighted when you control click (Safari). But, sometimes it isn't hi lighted and you have to "spell check now" to get it to work semi properly. It's a xF bug --- pretty certain. Never had the problem before and still don't on any other forum software. Have had the problem sporadically on several forums I belong to who have switched to xF. Hope they can track this down and fix it.
  8. Vincent

Maybe it's a TinyMCE bug
  9. XBones

XBones Member

Well yeah...in retrospect I guess it's not a xF issue per se.
    What can be done about it? It's pretty annoying since I love me some xF. And why does it work corrctly "sometimes" and not "others"?
  10. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Not much at this end.
    It's obviously an issue between TinyMCE and some browsers.

I've never encountered this problem in Chrome for example.
    Vincent likes this.
  11. Vincent

Me neither