XF 1.1 Smilies as CSS Sprites

With XenForo 1.1, it's now possible to (optionally) define individual smilies from a sprite image. This video shows you just how easy it is to use the system.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Waiting for a Shelley comment. :)

She gonna like dis! *i think, lol*

LOVE the interactive output because I usual guess at sprites and then get frustrated and use Photoshop for more exact measurements, lol.

Come on smilie ordering and categorizing! :p

Doesn't look like smilies are per-style still?

At least it looks like it'll be a lot easier to multiple smilies now. One image instead of multiple, and just specifying the appropriate dimensions. (y)

I was thinking about the exact same way of implementation even before watching the video. Specially the sprite alignment interface. :-)

wow excellent job, this was a thought in couple of hours :eek: now is real
amazing way to implement smiles into the sprites trick

Brilliant stuff. I'm chuffed this has made it on to a spritesheet and I wasn't quite sure whether it would but the additional scrolling buttons to determine the smiley location is an extremely nice touch. Excellent job indeed. (y)

Very well implemented, for those who will only ever use the default smilies this is a brilliant addition :)

If I'm not mistaken your still able to create your custom spritesheet (with more smilies) and simply name the spritesheet xenforo-smilies-sprite and reset the sizes if needed and the additional locations to match? Unless I'm missing something.

Very well implemented, for those who will only ever use the default smilies this is a brilliant addition :)

I can see it being an amazing addition for releasing smile packs too... especially if they are intended to simply replace all of the default ones as you could just replace the default sprite sheet with all of the new smilies in the same positions!

Brilliant stuff. I'm chuffed this has made it on to a spritesheet and I wasn't quite sure whether it would but the additional scrolling buttons to determine the smiley location is an extremely nice touch. Excellent job indeed. (y)

There could be another way to do so by opening that sheet under a modal window then drag to crop/resize and drag to align type of JavaScript solution. And when you are done, it will calculate the positions and dimensions to fill the form. But, the current implementation is cool too, and matches with the XenForo design philosophy.

YET TO BE PROVED DISCOVERY: On a side note, I realize that there seems to be a keyboard shortcut to pull down the ACP search form. If so, then that is fantastic indeed. :-)

If I'm not mistaken your still able to create your custom spritesheet (with more smilies) and simply name the spritesheet xenforo-smilies-sprite and reset the sizes if needed and the additional locations to match? Unless I'm missing something.

Or call it whatever you want and just change the location to the new image... in fact you could if you had many smilies in different styles have many sprites one for each style each with different dimension and position settings obviously also different replacement variables too but still this makes things so much easier and also faster love it!

No doubt :) I put it badly, I meant for those who will be using the .png format smilies

I like my animated 300+ collection too much to change to only being .png ;)

Top Bottom