Food Fantasia

Kim

This topic is all about food..... mmmm Post what you are having for [insert meal] preferably with a photo, and if it is really good, a recipe :D

Tonight we had a Thai Green Curry.. very yummy, all homemade from scratch, it is not hard to make and really delicious if you like it on the hot and spiiiiiicy side!

You can find my how to on my brand new Food Blog... http://www.masalamojo.com/?p=1

greencurry5.jpg

I posted my take on thai curry on my blog a few months back:

http://www.kierdarby.com/2009/07/thai-curry.html

Looks good! Try it with the fresh paste as per my recipe though Kier, you will not believe how much better it is :D

Plus.. added advantage is you get to beat stuff up (great for frustration) and impress your wife!

I just realised that I totally forgot the Fish Sauce in my recipe above LOL hehehehe oh well.. I can't believe I forgot it, nor can I believe how great it was without it :p

Looks good! Try it with the fresh paste as per my recipe though Kier, you will not believe how much better it is :D

Plus.. added advantage is you get to beat stuff up (great for frustration) and impress your wife!

I just realised that I totally forgot the Fish Sauce in my recipe above LOL hehehehe oh well.. I can't believe I forgot it, nor can I believe how great it was without it :p
I always used to make my own paste, but the emergence of children and customers and all the rest meant there simply wasn't time to do that any more. A really good paste in a tub is 80% as good as freshly-made stuff :)

Oh yes, my wife likes my pounding technique. :p

LOL well I am pleased for you to hear that :p

I always used to make my own paste, but the emergence of children and customers and all the rest meant there simply wasn't time to do that any more. A really good paste in a tub is 80% as good as freshly-made stuff :)

Yeah I hear you, the brand of paste you used in yours is available here, and I totally agree with your comments about paste, it has to be genuine Thai paste or just forget it.. I know it is a great solution, one I have used myself many many many times, but I think fresh is so much better where time and circumstances allow.

Also hungry. I only had a stupid little toastie for dinner, I might go make something proper in a minute. If I can be bothered. Which I probably can't.

Customers? Were you a chef?

We had a pasta dish for dinner tonight, I am not the biggest fan of pasta I have to admit, too much carbs generally, the exception being really good homemade pasta... which this wasn't.

The sauce was homemade though; Chicken, Tomato, Mushroom, Kalamata olives, Semi-dried Tomatoes, baby Rocquet (arugula) and fresh herbs... tossed with pasta shells, it was quite nice, just doesn't really float my boat.

We had a pasta dish for dinner tonight, I am not the biggest fan of pasta I have to admit, too much carbs generally, the exception being really good homemade pasta... which this wasn't.

The sauce was homemade though, Chicken, Tomato, Mushroom, Kalamata olives, Semi-dried Tomatoes, baby Rocquet (arugula) and fresh herbs... tossed with pasta shells, it was quite nice, just doesn't really float my boat.
I made a Sausage and Creamy Tomato with penne pasta last night.

Its really good, and easy to make.

Er... Yeah it has a sauce*; what sauce was on it?  

I made a Sausage and Creamy Tomato with penne pasta last night.

Its really good, and easy to make.

Er... Yeah it has a sauce*; what sauce was on it?

Glad you enjoyed yours, pasta is quick and easy to make that's for sure :)

My Hubby loved the one I made tonight, but then he loves pasta, whereas I don't really, it was a tomato based sauce with all the things I said in it :)

Top Bottom