Lack of interest "Show Deleted Posts" should be JS only

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Luxus

If a thread has any soft-deleted posts a new action in the Thread Tools dropdown appears: "Show Deleted Posts".

ttools.webp

Clicking it will remove all deleted posts placeholders for moderators and make the posts visible. However if you right-click and open it in a new tab, all what you get is this error message:

"No posts matching the criteria specified were found."

So from the perspective of a moderator there is no point in an own page for an action that always returns an error.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
It kind of is JS Only in the sense that the Thread Tools menu doesn't work without javascript being enabled.

Yep, but it's somewhat misleading to moderators. When I opened the action in a new tab I expected a list of all deleted posts. But this action does only expand the deleted posts placeholders, it's a javascript action and thus should be JS only in the sense that you can't right-click and open it in a new tab.

When you say js only are you referring to applying that class?

Have you tried using the thread tools menu without js? Does this show?

When I say JS only I mean a javascript action. Like the buttons in TinyMCE. These are all javascript actions.
[...] it's a javascript action and thus should be JS only in the sense that you can't right-click and open it in a new tab.
You can still right-click and open the TinyMCE buttons in a new tab, should you want to.

I don't have a version of 1.1.4 installed so I cannot exactly try this myself. When you right-click it, what URL do you get? About:blank or an XF URL?

Top Bottom