Implemented Search - date ranges, older than, etc. - plus more results in permissions

craigiri

In addition to the basics mentioned here:
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/acp-user-search-allow-dates-to-be-manually-entered.59159/

The more advanced "more" searches should have both before and after dates as well as the possibility of date ranges (two pop-up calendars).

Additionally, it would be great to be able to set search options of various types including:
1. quick search (standard box) admin setting for relevance as opposed to date being standard.
2. permissions to allow moderators, for example, to get ALL results in search or at least more than the stock 200 or 300.

Basically, I think the entire search must be looked at in terms of both admin and user options - these improvements should be easy from a programming perspective and yet will add much flexibility to the system.

Thanks!

Upvote 11
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Apologies @Brogan I didn't realise there was already a thread. Was just told to ask about it by the leader of the forum I regularly post on.

Any news on the possibility of an 'older than' search feature then?

Older than is now available in 2.2.

1596814618477.webp

If there are further suggestions, create them as new threads with one suggestion per thread.

That enables us to mark them as implemented individually.

Pie And Mash Design GIF by JDO Ltd

Top Bottom