XF 1.2 Running two instances of Xenforo from same domain

shorepower

We need to set up a test installation for Xenforo. As I understand the license rules, installing a second instance of Xenforo is not violating them as long as the second test installation is only accessible by the staff.

Currently we run 1.2.2 with some modification and before moving to 1.2.4 (and eventually 1.3), we want to make sure the system do not break and work as expected. The plan is to copy the curent installation to s sub-directory (production Xenforo is installed in the root directory) and copy the existing database to a test enviroment.

Besides changing Board URL under settings and the access to the new database in config.php (library) do I need to change anywhere else. For instance, do I need to change .htaccess to reflect any change.

Thanks in advance

When you say sub-directory, do you mean of the existing installation?
If so, I wouldn't recommend that - it should be in its own directory, e.g. test.domain.com.

The only changes you need to make are the Board URL in the ACP and config.php to point to the other database.
You may also want to include cookie prefix to config.php as well as disabling email.

PHP:
$config['enableMail'] = false;

$config['cookie'] = array(
'prefix' => 'domaintest_',
'path' => '/',
'domain' => ''
);

$config['debug'] = true;

When you say sub-directory, do you mean of the existing installation?
If so, I wouldn't recommend that - it should be in its own directory, e.g. test.domain.com.

The only changes you need to make are the Board URL in the ACP and config.php to point to the other database.
You may also want to include cookie prefix to config.php as well as disabling email.

PHP:
$config['enableMail'] = false;

$config['cookie'] = array(
'prefix' => 'domaintest_',
'path' => '/',
'domain' => ''
);

$config['debug'] = true;
Thanks, worked perfectly

Top Bottom